Lee Charnley

Dave

He'll be releasing another statement when the financial results are out. He'll be as proud as punch.

Frankly I almost expect an open top parade with how big the profits going to be, they'll invite every media outlet they can think off to show off how "good" they are and that is a vindication of mike ashleys policy praise be to the great leader etc etc. The fact that the profit comes about because we managed to go through a season with 0 permanent transfers in and somehow finished midtable will be conveniently ignored.

"we moved on significantly as a club during his four years, on and off the field, and Alan played a big part in that and I thank him".

About the only part I didn't agree with. But I'm sure both side will be arse kissing a while longer as to not leak any goss on each other.

As soon as pardew left this window was done. No way we'd buy any player without a manager, so no loss there. I agree in principle of waiting for the right candidate, however, we need to arrange that move ASAP, have it signed and ready to go for the summer, which means carver knows his place, and the fans know the future.

If it's all genuine then there's not much in that which upsets or annoys me. Whether it's the truth time will tell. I won't hold my breath but I wont abuse him either for simply doing his job to a better standard than anything we've seen from Ashley's cronies so far.

No better or worse than Llambias tbh.

Short memory.

You must have. This may as well have been a copy paste from a Llambias statement.

"we moved on significantly as a club during his four years, on and off the field, and Alan played a big part in that and I thank him".

About the only part I didn't agree with. But I'm sure both side will be arse kissing a while longer as to not leak any goss on each other.

As soon as pardew left this window was done. No way we'd buy any player without a manager, so no loss there. I agree in principle of waiting for the right candidate, however, we need to arrange that move ASAP, have it signed and ready to go for the summer, which means carver knows his place, and the fans know the future.

If it's all genuine then there's not much in that which upsets or annoys me. Whether it's the truth time will tell. I won't hold my breath but I wont abuse him either for simply doing his job to a better standard than anything we've seen from Ashley's cronies so far.

No better or worse than Llambias tbh.

Short memory.

You must have. This may as well have been a copy paste from a Llambias statement.

I thank you.

TT seems to have a hard-on for this latest cunt for some reason.

He's not done anything wrong. I'd like to know what anyone else could be doing instead? He has a job, set out by the guy who pays him, and is doing his best to get on with it.

I'm sure he'd love to be working under an owner splashing the cash and having a love fest with the fans but that's simply not the case.

If it's not him it's JFK embarrassing the club getting pissed shouting at random press or ringing up sky sports telling everyone how he created the world in 3 days.

I just can't get angry at him, he's playing with the hand he's been dealt, he's done nothing stupid like strip naked, slag off club icons, took the piss out of other clubs or caused any other drama.

He's not done anything wrong. I'd like to know what anyone else could be doing instead? He has a job, set out by the guy who pays him, and is doing his best to get on with it.

I'm sure he'd love to be working under an owner splashing the cash and having a love fest with the fans but that's simply not the case.

If it's not him it's JFK embarrassing the club getting p*ssed shouting at random press or ringing up sky sports telling everyone how he created the world in 3 days.

I just can't get angry at him, he's playing with the hand he's been dealt, he's done nothing stupid like strip naked, slag off club icons, took the p*ss out of other clubs or caused any other drama.

He talks about not wanting a yes man for the head coach job, and how they continuously challenge each other within the club. As if this slimy arse licker would have the balls to challenge Ashley to pay up in order to release their preferred choice for next manager or to strengthen the glaring holes in our squad in this transfer window. He's just a slightly more eloquent, less brazen Llambias. A yes man if ever I saw one.

He's come out with this statement. Prove it now. Prove to hire a non "yes" man who is a top head coach who will set us out playing a great style, long term, and have his mark stamped on the reserve, and academy teams. Communicate better with the fans too. Prove it all.

Right fuck off until then, when you continuously take the piss out of the supporters every single week and spin statements, you will rightfully get abused and questioned.  They've continued to smile at a balance sheet while our club drifts away in ambition-less mediocrity serving up boring football as we waste recruited players and opportunities to kick on the club.

I'm sure he's just doing his job.

I just pay absolutely no interest to anything statements wise which comes out of the club. It amounts to the same as the nearest pile of dogshit from my flat.

A job he probably knows nothing about.

Needless to say Premier League rules allow you to change your 25 in January. Would be canny fucking pointless having a transfer window then if they didn't.

Aye that little segment was a bit of an insult. Never in a million years is that a justification for no signings.

Well I'm clearly in a minority here but I think the statement takes us forward a little.  Of course some of what he says is hardly credible, every club must have a resilience plan to see out an emergency and replacing AP must have been a consideration. On the player side of things he is clearly saying we can survive until the summer. Likewise on the Head Coach front. Many may disagree with his analysis but at least he has come out and begun to clarify the position as seen inside the club. I think the Coach role is a positive contribution to get value from Carr's players and even can see an Anita dig at Pardew when he says that there is no point buying players if they are not picked. For sure actions are louder than words but accountability only comes once you have outlined some sort of plan. So for me making any statement was a first step on a long road. (Puts helmet on)

Gulp ... Was kind of encouraged by the statement :undecided:

I like what was said about the new man's philosophy running through the club.

Think it's pretty clear we won't be getting a complete oaf in, which is a relief for me at least.