Lee Charnley

Dave

I don't doubt that statement is 100% accurate from Charnley but it's also as insipid as hell, really really demoralising tbh.

Without treading over old ground, our entire existence is basis on "value for money" and nothing more.

Ashley has taken a top quality brand, cheapened it beyond all recognition by ruthlessly carving out all the good bits and replacing them with substandard replacements, making it considerably cheaper and manages to turn a profit into the bargain.

It's classic Ashley tbf, nobody should be in any doubt.

He's fucking killed the club I love and it's as depressing as fuck  :(

Charnely's been associated with this club for some 15 odd years; surely he's seen better managers walk through the halls...

he's been promoted, gotten a pay rise probably - as far as he's concerned, life is good.

What an absolute farce of a statement from a farce of a club. 1 or 2 players wouldn't cover our shortage of strikers, never mind what we're short on in the first team. Not to mention the number of first team players that will want out in the summer, the ones out of contract and the ones that can't cut it.

As if the Pardew fiasco wasn't bad enough in isolation his shortcomings are only magnified by the extreme ineptitude from the top!? I give up.

Charnely's been associated with this club for some 15 odd years; surely he's seen better managers walk through the halls...

This is what I don't understand, how the fuck has he been here for 15 years? Isn't he 36? Has he slowly progressed from ball boy to steward to tea lady to club secretary to Managing Director?

You'd think a man whos fairly young and had any professional pride or connection to a club for 15 years would show some fucking sanity. Money talks, I guess, Mike is probably paying him a hefty penny to do a job then.

You'd think a man whos fairly young and had any professional pride or connection to a club for 15 years would show some fucking sanity. Money talks, I guess, Mike is probably paying him a hefty penny to do a job then.

To be fair, I guess if a Billionaire wanted you to take the top job in one of his business, we'd all be hard pressed to turn it down like.

The remit is financial prudence, so that's the brief he's working to.

@GrahamtRuddick: Mike Ashley plot thickens - he is selling £225m of shares in Sports Direct, Goldman Sachs handling placing

Not a clue what it means like

Grand national losses and Greggs bill.

And he only put a tenner on the national.

Why is everyone having a go at him? Let's give him an actualy chance to do something with the club, I.E. being in decent commercial revenue, and players.

http://i.imgur.com/Af4BHXb.gif

Why is everyone having a go at him? Let's give him an actual chance to do something with the club, I.E. being in decent commercial revenue, and players.

Promote the guy within who's been part of a regime that's done fuck all....does it need to be said even more clearly. Until he proves otherwise, track record is all we can go by and he's been part of the same old shit. By all means, I'd be happy if he proves us wrong.

Why is everyone having a go at him? Let's give him an actualy chance to do something with the club, I.E. being in decent commercial revenue, and players.

http://i.imgur.com/Af4BHXb.gif

What a fucking gif that is :lol:

1 or 2 top quality first team players a season would be fine if they went out and bought 5-6 this summer to rectify their past mistakes in previous windows

or indeed 1 to 2 this summer and sack pardew for example

relegation battle it is then

fuck this clown already, he reeks of duplicity

Very lacklustre opening address, but the response has been a bit overly negative imo.

If things are going well then 1 signing a window (plus players below the first team, like Lee mentioned) isn't that bad.

However things are clearly not going well and we need a huge clean out this summer to put us on a sustainably positive direction, which we can't do under Pards and our football staff.

Unfortunate, but we need a big outlay and a huge shake up of our football department on and off the field this summer to get us back on track.

Why is anyone surprised by all this...?

The guy is a bought and paid for Ashley stooge and he will faithfully carry out what is laughably known as 'club policy' as dictated from his boss.

Nothing has changed at the club and nothing WILL change under this regime - anyone looking for crumbs of comfort from this appointment is living in cuckoo-land.....like a high percentage of the fan base.

Guest firetotheworks

His statement is basically "We're trying, don't get too excited about anything, ever."

Already there, Lee.

"While at the moment we can't compete with the commercial strength of the top six, whose income from sponsorship and advertising deals dwarfs other clubs in the Premier League, we will work hard to drive up our commercial income to give ourselves the best possible chance of competing on the field with those wealthier clubs."

This s*** again.

Are Everton really that much more of an attractive prospect than us to advertisers? I really don't think so.

(Well they are in terms of how the club is run, but if both were run properly, we'd at least match them.)

Think he clearly means top 6 in revenue, so City, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal, Man Utd, and Spurs.

Why is anyone surprised by all this...?

The guy is a bought and paid for Ashley stooge and he will faithfully carry out what is laughably known as 'club policy' as dictated from his boss.

Nothing has changed at the club and nothing WILL change under this regime - anyone looking for crumbs of comfort from this appointment is living in cuckoo-land.....like a high percentage of the fan base.

Not at all defending the Ashley hierarchy or owt, but hasn't Charnley been at NUFC for some time before Ashley even took over? or am I missing something? I guess he could have quit if he didn't like the way things were being done, or Ashley would have sacked him if he was in any way contrary to his methods or something. Is Charnley a geordie?

Very lacklustre opening address, but the response has been a bit overly negative imo.

If things are going well then 1 signing a window (plus players below the first team, like Lee mentioned) isn't that bad.

They just make it up as they go along man - soon enough people will forget the 1 or 2 players quote, same as they forgot we were following the Villa model, or the Arsenal model...

One player per window considering the current state of the squad is pathetic.  The fact they're even comfortable coming out and saying this is an indication of how far we have fallen, the absolute lack of ambition and the apathy surrounding the club.