Andy Carroll (now playing for Amiens SC)

Rich

I’m pleasantly surprised people are saying he looks like he cares. I expected him to never play and absolutely take the piss.

I think he's always given 100% tbf. Problem is actually getting on the pitch and lasting 90 mins. That will still probably be the case over the season.

I'm as cynical as everyone else with his signing (although not to the extent that I can't see the contribution he's made so far), but I do need to remind myself every now and then, that the only other player I've experienced equal or more joy from seeing score a goal for us was Shearer.

Internal politics aside I'd love to see him have a successful second run with us.

Was critical of keeping him on today. His mentality can't be faulted but his body leaves us limited sometimes. There were so many occasions he simply didn't have the legs to be in the right place when we needed him. However he did what he does best, worked his socks off and it was a superb assist. Worth the money but we need much better in January.

Would like to see him start up top with Gayle if not Muto.

Same. We could leave out a midfielder or a wide player since they aren't involved that much anyway. Match the formation to the way we actually play.