Footy trivia

Guest jonnyameobi

I'm sure the last one is Liam O'brien.  Wikipedia etc don't have him scoring for us in the PL but the official PL site does.

https://www.premierleague.com/players/817/Liam-O'Brien/overview

I thought O'Briens goal for us in the premier league was against Coventry in our 2nd game when we lost 2-1 midweek?

It was, it was a twice deflected free kick, I think neesy's right.

I'm sure the last one is Liam O'brien.  Wikipedia etc don't have him scoring for us in the PL but the official PL site does.

https://www.premierleague.com/players/817/Liam-O'Brien/overview

I thought O'Briens goal for us in the premier league was against Coventry in our 2nd game when we lost 2-1 midweek?

It was, it was a twice deflected free kick, I think neesy's right.

I didn't say he was wrong mind.

• 1 month later...
Guest firetotheworks

Got them all, but was actually shocked at some of the answers. Also Jordan Henderson's on the same number of goals as Troy Deeney. :lol: I know it's a different amount of seasons, but that's canny funny.

26/27 - Jason Puncheon I didn't get.

Got them all but might have struggled to come up with Puncheon if I hadn't seem him mentioned by yourself.

Would've thought Carrick would have weighed in with more than 24 goals through his whole career.

• 2 months later...

Im sure people have already heard about him, but the BBC just released an article about a secret footballer who has written 4 books, who has experience gives an insight into the game. This is his description:

The Secret Footballer was still playing as late as 2011. He is English and has played for at least two Premier League clubs and was relegated from the top-flight on the final day of the season. He once booked out the top floor of a hotel in Paris because he heard that someone he didn't like was staying there.

Anyone got any ideas?

Kitson, 33, from Hitchin, Hertfordshire, was not the product of a Premier League team’s academy. Instead – just like TSF describes – he played his way through the divisions after he was signed by non-league Cambridge United in 2001.

There he scored 40 goals in two seasons before being snapped up by Championship outfit Reading two years later, where he experienced the ecstasy of promotion to the Premier League in 2006.

But the glory days did not last as Reading suffered the agony of relegation on the last day of the 2008 season, something TSF says he also experienced.

Kitson managed to stay in the Premier League however by joining Stoke City, another strong clue as the TSF tells how he regretted leaving a relegated club to stay in the top flight

Fans even tracked down a recent interview Kitson gave to a Danish TV station.

The sharp-witted interviewer asks the striker if he had ever visited Denmark, Kitson’s reply – of being driven to beach holidays in the country by his dad as a child – also matches the account given in TSF book.

• 2 weeks later...