Footy trivia

Guest jonnyameobi

This is a canny good one. It was Tyler's teaser the other week, so if you've already done it, don't spoil it for everyone. It's slightly long-winded, so bear with me.

Which 7 players have played for one of Man United or Chelsea and 2 of the 7 ever-present premier league teams?

So just to give you the scenarios, they can have played for:

Man United + 2 other ever present teams

Chelsea + 2 other ever present teams

Man United + Chelsea + 1 other ever present team.

I managed to get them all, but it took me almost a day to get all of them. :lol:

Does the player actually have to have played a match for the team, or is it enough that they have been contracted to three of the clubs?

Edit: I.e Steve Sidwell. Played competitive matches for Chelsea and Aston Villa. Pretty sure he came from Arsenals academy.

Guest Roger Kint

41/46. Was stumped on Bradford, Palace, Oldham, Sheff Wed & Watford. Was adamant Chris Armstrong & David Hirst were two of them.

I kept typing in Hirst refusing to have otherwise. Never would have got Oldham or Watford though.

Guest firetotheworks

Can't get on there at work mate. If you go to Sport and then Soccer (anah) it's one of the most popular ones on the list on the right hand side.

Last night, intrigued by the thought of Shola at a World Cup, I started to think about which NUFC players were at past World Cups. It's never felt like many but next summer we could have loads (Ameobi, Krul, Cabaye, Sissoko, Ben Arfa, Debuchy, Santon, Tiote/Cisse, Colo etc). All I can remember is:

1998: Shearer, Batty

2002: Dyer, Given

2006: Owen

2010: Gutierrez, Geremi

Any more?

:lol: can remember a class caption competition in the Chronicle from years ago of Dean Saunders happily relaying something to Souness, where the winning entry was "Good news boss, Craig Moore does exist. He was seen coming out of a chippy in Sunderland"