England

Yorkie

Impressive performance. What’s great is that Sterling has continued his form. Kane was excellent. Sancho a livewire. Hell even Michael Keane who I don’t rate was really solid. We have so many good players, it’s amazing. Can’t believe Kyle Walker is actually one of the best right backs in the world. Who’s better than him at the moment? Pickford’s kicking was a little suspect but that’s nitpickng. He’s still number one for me and shouldn’t be questioned. Chillwell to City and Maguire to Man U will make them even better players. Aside from France, we’ve got the most stacked team in the world.

HTC Sevens on YouTube had Kimmich as their number 1 and he was supposed to be in great form, but I haven't actually seen anything of him playing.

He's a weapon in ways other fullback aren't. Today he must have beaten his opposite fullback maybe four times. Feel bad saying I don't trust him in a 5. Feel safer with Trippier if we ever need to go that formation. Crazy we have these options. The depth is ridiculous.

His first goal was the most Raheem Sterling thing ever, an open goal from a decent passing move. How the hell he's always there is beyond me, his positioning / movement really is second to none. Loved the composure for the little swivel goal as well.

Man, this England team might not have the names and individual talent that previous England teams have had in certain key positions, but as a cohesive team this one's probably already my favourite, without really having any of my favourite England players of all time in it. I really enjoy watching them having fun and getting results with it, feels weird seeing a class young team coming through and it being us rather than France, Spain, Germany, or Belgium.

Said pretty much this to my wife. She asked who Chilwell was and it triggered me into explaining why this team is better than the Gerrard, Lampard, Terry, Ferdinand etc team.

Irritating that Dier and Henderson were picked together in CM, particularly in a home game. Surely Barkley has earned his place now.

For once in an England shirt, Sterling looked like he really knew what he was doing.

Our defending didn't look that convincing, but it was a makeshift back four.

All in all, we looked capable of scoring from every attack in the second half, and that was great to see.

Can you just imagine what this team would be like if under fat Sam? :lol:

You wouldn't be seeing these players under fat sham.

Kane, Maguire and whichever goalkeeper could kick it the furthest would be about it.

And Crouchy off the bench to "mix it up" in the last quarter of an hour.

Guest neesy111

Nobody would have failed to get England out of that group :lol:

Would have, we would have lost 1-0 to Tunisia instead of winning 1-0 with Fat Sam.

We won 2-1 didn't we?

Nobody would have failed to get England out of that group :lol:

Would have, we would have lost 1-0 to Tunisia instead of winning 1-0 with Fat Sam.

We won 2-1 didn't we?

Shit aye, I just remember the last minute winner.

Still would have lost it under Fat Sam.

Irritating that Dier and Henderson were picked together in CM, particularly in a home game. Surely Barkley has earned his place now.

For once in an England shirt, Sterling looked like he really knew what he was doing.

Our defending didn't look that convincing, but it was a makeshift back four.

All in all, we looked capable of scoring from every attack in the second half, and that was great to see.

I thought Barkley was pretty poor all night after coming on tbh.

No-one seems to have mentioned Gareth Southgate recently. What an amazing job the guy is doing! An average (at best) club manager, seemingly one of the 'suits' favoured by an out of date FA, he is really doing the absolute best. Bringing in young talent, being brave, playing adventurous teams with adventurous football. Who knows where it will all end with him at the helm?

Southgate is a plum who made lots of mistakes at the World Cup. He got lucky getting to the semi finals and is now lucky that an immensely talented bunch of players are coming through whilst he is head coach.

Naaaa.

Southgate is a plum who made lots of mistakes at the World Cup. He got lucky getting to the semi finals and is now lucky that an immensely talented bunch of players are coming through whilst he is head coach. 

Bollocks tbh. He's not up there with the best as a tactician but to say he just got lucky is complete utter nonsense. He deserves huge credit for changing the whole environment and mindset and the development of a far more positive atmosphere and culture. 

Went on a luck run to get to the nations league final and luckily won 5-0 yesterday

Would love some of his luck

You really are an idiot. In every thread.