Rafa Benítez (unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

I know for a fact that that £6m clause isn't true by the way. It was in the first 12 months of his contract, but not now.

You’re wrong it still applies

I know for a fact that that £6m clause isn't true by the way. It was in the first 12 months of his contract, but not now.

That's really odd, because I know for a fact it is true :lol:

Suggest you both post copies of his contract - presume you took a quick photo on your phone when you had access to it.

That's really odd, because I know for a fact it is true :lol:

I for one put my faith in the one who calls himself David Icke.

/s

I have no idea if the clause is true or not. I just chuckle anytime I see Icke's name anywhere. He was Alex Jones before Alex Jones was Alex Jones.

Worth remembering the closer his contract comes to a close the more the pressure ramps up on the dickheads in charge and the stronger Rafa's hand is. Assuming this season doesn't go tits up.

Worth remembering the closer his contract comes to a close the more the pressure ramps up on the dickheads in charge and the stronger Rafa's hand is. Assuming this season doesn't go tits up.

:thup:  think back to the scenes vs. spurs when we were relegated, if they've not convinced/conned him into signing an extension by the end of the season it'll be fucking bedlam

My understanding was that it was 2m for each year, so started off at 6m, then 4m and now he would have to pay 2m to leave his contract. Which makes sense.

Either way, Rafa wants the team to perform, so if of course he wants to play happy families. It doesn't change the fact that if he's fucked about he wont sign a new one.

My understanding was that it was 2m for each year, so started off at 6m, then 4m and now he would have to pay 2m to leave his contract. Which makes sense.

Either way, Rafa wants the team to perform, so if of course he wants to play happy families. It doesn't change the fact that if he's fucked about he wont sign a new one.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/6865877/newcastle-rafa-benitez-buyout-clause/

Like I already said Rafa has parked his tanks on Mike's lawn for next summer. The club can't put out a statement like today stating squad is better than the 10th finish last season then end up finishing this season without Rafa signed up and then end losing all the loaned players so we are worse than how we started. There will be hell on.

:thup:  think back to the scenes vs. spurs when we were relegated, if they've not convinced/conned him into signing an extension by the end of the season it'll be fucking bedlam

It won't be bedlam at all. If Rafa did get "conned" into signing a new deal then he now knows exactly he is signing up for more of. If he did then he is not much better than them.

All that matters is getting Ashley out. Nothing else. Rafa been here strengthens Ashley's position.

It won't be bedlam at all. If Rafa did get "conned" into signing a new deal then he now knows exactly he is signing up for more of. If he did then he is not much better than them.

All that matters is getting Ashley out. Nothing else. Rafa been here strengthens Ashley's position.

Whaaat? Rafa has the equivalent of a Royal Flush in his hands right now. He signed up to that statement as he knows there will be hell on end of this season. Those who go to the match have let everyone at the club know that Rafa must stay.

Mike has the worst hand right now.

Whaaat? Rafa has the equivalent of a Royal Flush in his hands right now. He signed up to that statement as he knows there will be hell on end of this season. Those who go to the match have let everyone at the club know that Rafa must stay.

just ignore this character, relentless

I'm boiling that's why and can't believe people would support Rafa putting his name to that utter bollocks

There’s nothing particularly factually incorrect about that statement, and we all know Rafa wants to unite people behind the team, so it’s absolutely possible he’d put his name to it. I don’t really have a problem with it to be honest. It’s basically just “please get behind the team in the stadium” kind of thing.

:lol: says the person who posts more than myself  :lol:

There’s nothing particularly factually incorrect about that statement, and we all know Rafa wants to unite people behind the team, so it’s absolutely possible he’d put his name to it. I don’t really have a problem with it to be honest. It’s basically just “please get behind the team in the stadium” kind of thing.

Again, for what though? There is no chance of progress or hope. We all agree on that. The only thing is getting Ashley out. Only point is to remain in the pl on the tiny tiny chance we get a takeover

Again, for what though? There is no chance of progress or hope. We all agree on that. The only thing is getting Ashley out. Only point is to remain in the pl on the tiny tiny chance we get a takeover

Because there very well may be a way to force Ashley to sell without it drastically affecting the fortunes of Rafa and the team. Would you prefer us to go down and force Ashley out, or stay up and force Ashley out?

[emoji38] says the person who posts more than myself  [emoji38]

Just meant he's being specifically objectionable today about Rafa etc. is all. Do what you like obvs.

I fully support Rafa btw but please go and do some research on rawk. He goes to war a lot with owners. To Rafa happy support = players play best = club finishes higher = owner happy = more money all round. If short changed he fights back on those broad principles.This isn't having a go at him as I was there singing "we want you to stay" the season he could have left and last when we shouted appreciation.

[emoji38] says the person who posts more than myself  [emoji38]

Just meant he's being specifically objectionable today about Rafa etc. is all. Do what you like obvs.

I fully support Rafa btw but please go and do some research on rawk. He goes to war a lot with owners. To Rafa happy support = players play best = club finishes higher = owner happy = more money all round. If short changed he fights back on those broad principles.This isn't having a go at him as I was there singing "we want you to stay" the season he could have left and last when we shouted appreciation.

Guest firetotheworks

Oh shut up