Toon Army: North America

Guest toonarmymia

I am in Winnipeg but travel quite a bit. Best time I had was in Philadelphia was at O'neals - plenty of mags and a good atmosphere.

I find it interesting that there are NUFC supporters everywhere. My son wore my '95 home shirt to school for "sports day". All the kids wore their favorite team shirts instead of uniforms for the day. In a school of about 400 kids there were three other Newcastle strips and one of them was the 95 shirt.

I am in Winnipeg but travel quite a bit. Best time I had was in Philadelphia was at O'neals - plenty of mags and a good atmosphere.

I find it interesting that there are NUFC supporters everywhere. My son wore my '95 home shirt to school for "sports day". All the kids wore their favorite team shirts instead of uniforms for the day. In a school of about 400 kids there were three other Newcastle strips and one of them was the 95 shirt.

:thup:

Really enjoyed reading this thread as I used to travel across the states quite a bit.

We may not have the biggest following in North America but it sounds like we have some of the best fans there !

It's like we are an underground society here.  Not always visible, but always present.   :coolsmiley:

Guest bmoregeordie

Baltimore Mags meet at Slainte in Fells Point. We've got a consistent crowd of 6, with occasionally a few people coming by on days that they can make it.  We sing and cheer pretty loudly.  Only other place in the world I would have wanted to be the day we drew Arsenal would have been at SJP.  It was awesome at our bar, and we were going apeshit.

Me too. Tough to do, but it sounds like a blast.

I've got to get my act together and get down there before the season's over. Sounds like a great time.

Will more than likely be passing through NYC in August/September so will go to Legends if we're on rather than Nevada Smiths if thats now the place to go  :thup:

I was in Chicago last September looking for somewhere to watch Switzerland-England however the one place folk could suggest was showing a re-run of the Bulgaria game from a few days before.

Does anyone know of anywhere in New Orleans that might show games?  Will probably be there in the early weeks of next season...

Guest toonarmymia

Will more than likely be passing through NYC in August/September so will go to Legends if we're on rather than Nevada Smiths if thats now the place to go  :thup:

I was in Chicago last September looking for somewhere to watch Switzerland-England however the one place folk could suggest was showing a re-run of the Bulgaria game from a few days before.

Does anyone know of anywhere in New Orleans that might show games?  Will probably be there in the early weeks of next season...

if you plan to go to NYC, go on the toonarmynyc forum and introduce yourself beforehand

Guest efullerton

Houston, Texas usually watch the game at the Richmond Arms, but there is no group to speak of. If you are in Houston hit me up.

Southern New Jersey near Ocean City NJ.

No MAGS here at all. One of my sons friends asked me the other day what the United score was. I told him it was 0-0 at half time versus Blackburn. He said how can that be since they were playing City.

I went crazy and yelled at him that there was only one United and its not from Manchester!!!

No MAGS here at all. One of my sons friends asked me the other day what the United score was. I told him it was 0-0 at half time versus Blackburn. He said how can that be since they were playing City.

I went crazy and yelled at him that there was only one United and its not from Manchester!!!

I met a guy in Greenland from New Jersey that I keep in touch with who's a proper Newcastle fan. Knows more than anyone I know in Newcastle. Was a big coincidence and surreal hearing him know about Blu Bambu and that (from the Carroll incident).

He's not in NJ anymore though, doing a PhD at PennState uni.

Nice to see another fan in NJ, even if it is the southern part!

We always go around with our strips on, and the locals ask if we are referees.

We always go around with our strips on, and the locals ask if we are referees.

I wore my shirt from last season out after the Arsenal match. One guy came up to me and said "Do you root for referees?" Didn't even bother to respond. Another guy stopped me and said "Is that a Newcastle jersey? (Yes) Did you watch the game today (Yes) That was fucking awesome!" Made my night.

Guest toonarmymia

Has something gone bad with Nevada Smiths in NYC?  Going up to New York in a few weeks and was hoping to catch some games there, but what is the deal with Legends?

Yes, the owners drove us all away from Nevadas. They fired their best staff over some petty issues. Many of the supporter groups walked after this. Although some went to their own bar (just for one supporters group), the consensus was to go to Legends where Jack Keane from Nevadas went. The main man of Nevadas who took care of us and all the coverage for games over the years

That is used a lot over here. I HATE it.

The media is worst and even Shearer refers to them as "United" on TV - now he really should know better !

Guest toonarmymia

Games on FSC which I found out we have, that plus Manhattan Bagel = Happy Nixon.

games is on FSC tape delayed at 5pm

live on fox soccer online only. repeated also at 12 on Fox Deportes

Can we make this North America. I may be moving from Newcastle/Edinburgh to Edmonton, Alberta in the late summer (if i get onto the master's course i've applied for). I imagine there must be a fair few toon fans there but haven't found anything.

Heading up to Edmonton today for the Oilers/Bruins game. Been in Canada nearly four years and its my first NHL game. Poor play. I halfway in between Edmonton and Canuck in Saskatoon. Cold and Isolated a little bit backwards but other than that its canny with a shit load of potential. 

What are you doing your masters in?

Can we make this North America. I may be moving from Newcastle/Edinburgh to Edmonton, Alberta in the late summer (if i get onto the master's course i've applied for). I imagine there must be a fair few toon fans there but haven't found anything.

Heading up to Edmonton today for the Oilers/Bruins game. Been in Canada nearly four years and its my first NHL game. Poor play. I halfway in between Edmonton and Canuck in Saskatoon. Cold and Isolated a little bit backwards but other than that its canny with a s*** load of potential. 

What are you doing your masters in?

Applied to do a research project in the Earth and Atmospheric Sciences department, glaciology stuff. Here I'd have to pay to doa masters, at Alberta they'll pay my uni fees for me and give me a wage if I help out with teaching and research.  I definitely want to go to some Oilers game if I get there. Don't know if I can handle falling for another under achieving team though.