Aston Villa 2-0 Newcastle United - 25/11/19 - post match from p18

Disco

After watching the highlights those two set pieces from Hourihane were absolutely superb, particularly the delivery for the second.

Heaton should be ahead of Pickford in the England set-up too. Every time I see him he seems to be making game changing saves.

Shit game we lost because our defenders couldn't score two goals this week. To their credit, they came closer to getting one than our strikers.

If Lascelles plays, I don't think they get the second quite as easily. We'll just have to deal with it, but him getting injured off that sly push does leave a bad taste.

Given how bad our attacking play is, I think we are lucky to be where we are in the league.

The lack of pressing as a team has been ridiculous this season.  Rafa had Diame/Longstaff/ Hayden all pressing together as a team. Joelinton tries to close down defenders looks around and there's no one else trying to press.

There was a 5 minute spell in the 2nd half where Shelvey started pressing higher and we forced mistakes but obviously Shelvey can only do that briefly before he's blowing out of his arse

Perez and Rondon were massive defensively as well. Perez in particular is like losing a striker and a midfielder.

After watching the highlights those two set pieces from Hourihane were absolutely superb, particularly the delivery for the second.

Heaton should be ahead of Pickford in the England set-up too. Every time I see him he seems to be making game changing saves.

As shit as we were, Heaton made 2 incredible saves that won the match for Villa - first half on Fede's header and the diving save in the 2nd on that strike from ASM

As shit as we were, Heaton made 2 incredible saves that won the match for Villa - first half on Fede's header and the diving save in the 2nd on that strike from ASM

couple of great saves by Dubs cancels those out.

Guest Howaythetoon

Watched the first half in a pub in Wolves, dreary me, they all look even worse than I imagined. Glad I’ve sacked them off and won’t be watching that shit anytime soon. :lol: