Joelinton

Stifler

FWIW I think we'll stay up this season, regardless of how many goals Joelinton scores.

How truly, truly PATHETIC it is, that we should have to even 'think' about that.

How low have we fallen, it is a constant embarrassment !!

We finished 13th and made an FA Cup Final with Barnes & Shearer scoring 7 each in all comps. We’d kill for a season like that now. :lol:

Wiki says Barnes got 6 goals for us (pedantic i know  :lol:)

6 league, 1 cup wasn’t it? Sure he scored in the Champions League.

Yep, in the dead rubber at home to Kiev.

FWIW I think we'll stay up this season, regardless of how many goals Joelinton scores.

How truly, truly PATHETIC it is, that we should have to even 'think' about that.

We finished 13th and made an FA Cup Final with Barnes & Shearer scoring 7 each in all comps. We’d kill for a season like that now. :lol:

Wiki says Barnes got 6 goals for us (pedantic i know  :lol:)

6 league, 1 cup wasn’t it? Sure he scored in the Champions League.

One of them an absolute peach at Upton park

Aye, outside of the left peg - sure it was a boiling day that!

And Shearer was injured and didn't play until the end of January as well.

And Shearer was injured and didn't play until the end of January as well.

Interesting post distortions !

It was laughable but even then, as posted above, it was understandable as it was through incompetence, with the owners' intentions in the right place. Heck, Andreas Andersson & JDT might have been as bad as Joselu for us, but at least we thought we were signing some world class players instead of giving peanuts to Rafa for Hoss. Mind you, I will remember Rafa's time way more fondly than those days, only because of the big man.

• 2 weeks later...

At this point he is now on his way to dying a slow death football wise. Not sure he can recover. We'll never know if he could have been any good due to Bruce.

Apart from Saint -Maximin who is a very talented individual player, no one even looks any kind of useful going forward.

The alternative’s even worse. Joelinton was actually holding the ball up, Carroll came on and apart from one shot, the ball was bouncing off him, he was falling over...shocking.

I thought his hold up play was poor, as was the rest of his game.

Carroll is finished, that's why he was free.

I can see why literally nobody was excited when we paid £40m to bring him here. He offers virtually nothing.

Thats if we did pay £40m, all seems very strange to me

Always felt there was something not quite right about this deal. Ashley pays £40m for nobody, especially not some unproven player with a very patchy goalscoring record prior to coming here.