Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

462 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

Still would not surprise me if he’s let the story reignite again just to take any heat off him for furloughing the staff (a distraction).

You can’t put anything past this cunt.

Maybe it wasn't smokescreen I claim here, but I bet Ashley is only too delighted the deal has fallen through. He pockets 17m and can raise the price to 350m again.

I have said it all along, Ashley is here forever. Good things do not happen to this football club. We're almost a real life Harchester United (just not as many deaths and affairs).

The club is eternally fucked. The absolute best we can hope for as long as we on this forum live is mid-table mediocrity and maybe the odd flukey cup run every five years that eventually falls apart when we face a bigger team e.g. Arsenal or City.

There is no hope. And I am not even a pessimist. I know when something is fucked and this club is fucked.

Anyone who hasn't already would be wise to just give up any hope of really good things happening to NUFC ever again. Stop with the pipe dreams. It is doom and it is gloom.

Still would not surprise me if he’s let the story reignite again just to take any heat off him for furloughing the staff (a distraction).

Maybe it wasn't smokescreen I claim here, but I bet Ashley is only too delighted the deal has fallen through. He pockets 17m and can raise the price to 350m again.

I have said it all along, Ashley is here forever. Good things do not happen to this football club. We're almost a real life Harchester United (just not as many deaths and affairs).

The club is eternally fucked. The absolute best we can hope for as long as we on this forum live is mid-table mediocrity and maybe the odd flukey cup run every five years that eventually falls apart when we face a bigger team e.g. Arsenal or City.

There is no hope. And I am not even a pessimist. I know when something is fucked and this club is fucked.

Anyone who hasn't already would be wise to just give up any hope of really good things happening to NUFC ever again. Stop with the pipe dreams. It is doom and it is gloom.

Think in the current climate he'd rather have banked the £300m than hold onto Newcastle. If he really wanted to keep us he'd never have agreed the sale in the first place.

Think in the current climate he'd rather have banked the £300m than hold onto Newcastle. If he really wanted to keep us he'd never have agreed the sale in the first place.

He definitely 100% wanted to sell this time, but for once he's been shafted like he's been doing to us year after year. But I think there's going to be more fans turn up on matchday (when things get back to normal) than many people think. It's for once 'not his fault' that it fell through and all the sheep are going to use that excuse.

For me though, I don't care that it's not his fault (even though he still raised the bar). What he's done to this club over the years is totally unforgivable, he's stripped the club of all it's assets, took the piss out of all the fans for years and employed his clueless pals most of the time. He's never going to find another buyer for this club in the current climate unless it's another gold digger. So for me, whoever sticks with the club, deserves Ashley, he's here to stay. For me, I'm done

• 2 weeks later...

So how fucked is Ashley then?

He must surely have earmarked a use for this money?

We are clearly stuck with him now. He wants out, but who would be willing to buy a football club in the current climate, nevermind give him the price he wants?

More asset-stripping and next to no investment, as Covid continues to bite. We are fucked.

So how fucked is Ashley then?

He must surely have earmarked a use for this money?

Ashley himself, not at all.

A lot of his money will be tied up in offshore accounts, and SD is limited liability in anyway. He’ll have more money than you would be able to dream of at his disposal.

As for SD, they have done reasonably well during the pandemic.

£300m could have and would have went to invest in struggling brands, maybe buy a few retail units at knock down prices. It would be an annoyance that he’s not be able to re-invest that money, but he wouldn’t have needed i for himself or SD to survive.

For what it’s worth, Start Fitness are moving into Northumberland Street, hopefully that has a knock on effect on his Newcastle SD store.

• 2 months later...

Money Mike Ashley has gone off Twitter.

I know that the account is actually Mike Ashley and he only pretended it to be a parody account.

He has gone for legal reasons to do with the takeover

There's no way on Earth that was Ashley himself  :lol:

I know that the account is actually Mike Ashley and he only pretended it to be a parody account.

explain? and how do you know this?

I know Justin Barnes personally through work. I asked him this morning and he confirmed the information.

I know Justin Barnes personally through work. I asked him this morning and he confirmed the information.

I call bullshit.

Lies

:lol: fuck off!

Guest neesy111

I call bullshit.