Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

462 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

Just a thought but it’s really interesting how there was so much backlash against Liverpool and Totttenam for putting there staff on furlough and with Mike no one batted an eye lid.

Hate to say it but after 13 years of Mike Ashley we are not that relevant any more (soon changing). That and they know Ashley has no moral compass in these regards and simply does not care.

Sean[/member] This is.

Thanks!

I'll pop this here:

He's gone:

This was the Mike Ashley thread right?  :lol:

I'm really jealous of Rangers now...with any luck it'll be us soon.

Sean[/member] This is.

Thanks!

I'll pop this here:

He's gone:

Where's the evidence?

Sean[/member] This is.

Thanks!

I'll pop this here:

He's gone:

Where's the evidence?

:lol:

Wow, why the fuck does it upset so many of you so badly when someone dares to state the fact that we haven't been sold yet and we haven't seen any evidence that we are guaranteed to be sold?

I haven't even said that I don't think we'll be sold ffs, just that theres no guarantee.

Just for you though: https://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/commercial-update/

See, not hard to produce evidence if we have it  :lol:

Sean[/member] This is.

Thanks!

I'll pop this here:

He's gone:

Where's the evidence?

Wow, why the fuck does it upset so many of you so badly when someone dares to state the fact that we haven't been sold yet and we haven't seen any evidence that we are guaranteed to be sold?

I haven't even said that I don't think we'll be sold ffs, just that theres no guarantee.

Says nothing about Sports Direct.  I'll accept nothing less than a signed letter from Fat Mike stating he has no further commercial interest and a video of him saying the same with this thread up on a laptop in the background with the date clearly visible.

After that, I expect him to come to my house and personally tell me the news and take me through the paperwork with his lawyer.

Until I see that it could be anything.

Sean[/member] This is.

Thanks!

I'll pop this here:

He's gone:

Where's the evidence?

Says nothing about Sports Direct.  I'll accept nothing less than a signed letter from Fat Mike stating he has no further commercial interest and a video of him saying the same with this thread up on a laptop in the background with the date clearly visible.

After that, I expect him to come to my house and personally tell me the news and take me through the paperwork with his lawyer.

U OK Hun? Xx

Sean[/member] This is.

Thanks!

I'll pop this here:

He's gone:

Where's the evidence?

U OK Hun? Xx

I could tell you yes or no but it would be meaningless without documentary evidence from a suite of certified physicians.

Sean[/member] This is.

Thanks!

I'll pop this here:

He's gone:

Where's the evidence?

U OK Hun? Xx

I could tell you yes or no but it would be meaningless without documentary evidence from a suite of certified physicians.

Oh, you are most certainly certified  :lol:

Sean[/member] This is.

Thanks!

I'll pop this here:

He's gone:

Where's the evidence?

U OK Hun? Xx

Oh, you are most certainly certified  :lol:

PROVE IT.  WHERE'S YOUR EVIDENCE?

Sports Direct managers accuse firm of making them work on furlough

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2020/may/03/sports-direct-managers-accuse-firm-of-making-them-work-on-furlough?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

Yup that's fraud.

Can anyone see any tweets from main Sports Direct account, can't work out if I'm blocked or they have deleted them?

Only SD Twitter account I can find is this one and they last tweeted in Dec '19.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2020/may/03/sports-direct-managers-accuse-firm-of-making-them-work-on-furlough?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

Yup that's fraud.

Can anyone see any tweets from main Sports Direct account, can't work out if I'm blocked or they have deleted them?

Only SD Twitter account I can find is this one and they last tweeted in Dec '19.

Same it's weird, the main account was still tweeting stuff recently I'm sure but I can't find it.

Yup that's fraud.

Same it's weird, the main account was still tweeting stuff recently I'm sure but I can't find it.

If I recall, it used to be SportsDirectUK as their main Twitter account. Definitely seems to have gone.

Reading the Sunday Times Business Section today and his son-in-law Michael Murray is front page and spread across pages 2 and 3 whinging about Commercial Landlords charging models and basically saying that they all need to change to turnover only based rental.

Bigger the turnover of the store, bigger the rent.

Can you imagine trusting Ashley to declare his store turnover honestly? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Would rather trust the McCanns taking my kids on holiday.

Reading the Sunday Times Business Section today and his son-in-law Michael Murray is front page and spread across pages 2 and 3 whinging about Commercial Landlords charging models and basically saying that they all need to change to turnover only based rental.

Can you imagine trusting Ashley to declare his store turnover honestly? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Aye, commercial rents and in particular retail rents do need a massive change (and reduction) in rates.

Many others advocate turnover based rental, however as you say there is no way to prevent companies from falsely declaring how much they earn via each location.

As it happens in recent years Ashley has started buying his own locations. He has bought the building where Flannels is on Northumberland Street for about £30m. In time once WHSmith and H&M move out, he’ll move in Sports Direct and others. Last year he was said to be making a bid for an outlet park where he was going to kick out all the remnants and move his stores in.

Yup that's fraud.

If I recall, it used to be SportsDirectUK as their main Twitter account. Definitely seems to have gone.

Yep.

Think it was soon after the CFO posted that smug open letter to Boris Johnson asking if they should open the stores - I think they seriously thought they had the public support behind them and would get a round of applause for taking it to Boris.

anyone know the state of Ashleys finances with the virus , must be losing a rake of cash

He’s on the verge of having £300m paid into his personal account.

Everything lost at the moment will be lost as SD as company. There is no doubt that he will have a personal fortune which will see him and his family out in significant wealth. How much that is, we don’t know. SD and all his other side projects are not as easily transparent, and as seen with NUFC, ordinary charges in companies and always be paid to companies he owns and therefor takes money out. It will be virtually impossible to go through every transaction and see which ones have been legitimate transactions, and which ones have been inflated transactions where he has taken a share or all of the money.

Even the loss of value in SD will all likely be temporary. Sooner or later the economy will bounce back, as he offers cheap sorting equipment, he’s always going to be in a good position to start making money back. I have said it before, unless someone like Primark starting opening their own sports clothing stores, and football clubs start selling their merchandise directly only, then he’s not going to face any meaningful competition with SD.