Tomorrow's Mirror!!

Guest Christian Hayne

A month my arse. I'd sack the thick fuck in the morning.

4 points out of the last 24 available or something like that. It's a shite state of affairs and it doesn't look like improving anytime soon.... :roll:

As far as I know Hitzfeld is still out of work! There is no time like the present, he should be contacted and brought in as a replacement NOW!

The whole show needs cleaned out , from top to bottom, get rid of all the shite the club has accumulated over the last few years, and start again before we get relagated. This obviously means Shepherd leaving the flock, I am sure most would see that as a step forward.

god you people make me laugh

as if ANY of you would have accepted Curbishley as Souness' replacement after what FF had spouted, but now all of a sudden he's a good candidate?

FFS

I wanted Curbishley as SouMess replacement if Hitzfeld was out of reach...I think Alan is a very good manager and under rated...With so little budget he kept Charlton in the Premier league with respectable results...

I definitely rate Curbishley more than Big FAT SAM...

Newcastle chairman Freddy Shepherd has given Glenn Roeder one month to turn the clubs fortunes around or his future at Newcastle United may come to a premature end after a successful stint as caretaker manager. Glenn Roeder is under mounting pressure to turn the clubs results around after the clubs form in the premiership has only amounted to 7 points from 9 games; the worst start to a premiership season since the 1999/2000 campaign. Freddy Shepherd is keeping tabs on Alan Curbishley’s situation as he begins to find a solution to the faltering team. 

My brother sent me this from his office in London working for the Mirror, although it may not be a respectable paper for gossip. i thought it was interesting and you may want to know.

One month too long tbh.

Curbishley would be just as bad an appointment as Roeder, IMO.

As far as I know Hitzfeld is still out of work! There is no time like the present, he should be contacted and brought in as a replacement NOW!

The whole show needs cleaned out , from top to bottom, get rid of all the shite the club has accumulated over the last few years, and start again before we get relagated. This obviously means Shepherd leaving the flock, I am sure most would see that as a step forward.

Hitzfeld - Turned us down when S****** left so why the hell would he be interested in coming to our shower now?

He is well out of our league, just forget about him because he is never going to come here.

Guest The Fox

Not sure Curbishley is the answer does not seem that inspirational.

If there's a takeover they will have their own ideas on the managerial and coaching front.

Roeder could hold out for a time because I see us getting something out of Sheff Utd and Charlton although Palermo looks  a cast iron defeat, but IMO it will only be delaying the inevitable.

The run that may see the end of Roeder comes with the following fixtures:

M City (a)

Arsenal (a)

Celtic Vigo (h)

Portsmouth (h)

Eintracht (a)

Chelsea (a).

I dont see a lot of success there.

Guest Christian Hayne

Not sure Curbishley is the answer does not seem that inspirational.

If there's a takeover they will have their own ideas on the managerial and coaching front.

Roeder could hold out for a time because I see us getting something out of Sheff Utd and Charlton although Palermo looks a cast iron defeat, but IMO it will only be delaying the inevitable.

The run that may see the end of Roeder comes with the following fixtures:

M City (a)

Arsenal (a)

Celtic Vigo (h)

Portsmouth (h)

Eintracht (a)

Chelsea (a).

I dont see a lot of success there.

i would be surprised if we got 3 points from them fixtures tbh

Hitzfeld - Turned us down when S****** left so why the hell would he be interested in coming to our shower now?

He is well out of our league, just forget about him because he is never going to come here.

Turned us down? Are you lot privvy to infomation the rest of us aren't. I personally just thought Fat Fred didn't approach him with him being a dorty foriegner and all.

Guest Ridzuan

As much as I support the idea of sacking Glenn,I think hiring Curbishly will not solve the problem.I dont think he is a great manager.He is good but I dont think he is the kind of manager that we should be looking for.Hopefully its just another rumour.

What's the problem with Curbishley? I would really like someone to explain this. It can't be his record. He's kept a small club in the top division, playing good football, with no financial resources, for several seasons. What's more at one point that club was bankrupt and not even playing on their own ground.

Curbishley comes across as very calm and sensible. His comments about the game are very astute, and he clearly has confidence in his own ideas. His teams always look very positive, relaxed and motivated.

I think the problem with Curbishley seems to be his quietly-spoken image. He's not a teacup-thrower, and he doesn't lose his cool. To assume that he lacks passion or the ability to motivate would be a mistake. It's all about instilling confidence in players and that's not about being a loudmouth.

What's the problem with Curbishley? I would really like someone to explain this. It can't be his record. He's kept a small club in the top division, playing good football, with no financial resources, for several seasons. What's more at one point that club was bankrupt and not even playing on their own ground.

Curbishley comes across as very calm and sensible. His comments about the game are very astute, and he clearly has confidence in his own ideas. His teams always look very positive, relaxed and motivated.

I think the problem with Curbishley seems to be his quietly-spoken image. He's not a teacup-thrower, and he doesn't lose his cool. To assume that he lacks passion or the ability to motivate would be a mistake. It's all about instilling confidence in players and that's not about being a loudmouth.

My problem is Charlton under him crumble every season at the end, which is where the trophies are won and lost.

His team always gets off to a flyer, but for some reason he can't keep it going, he'd just bring in a new level of frustration.

All of Shepherds managerial appointments have been disastrous.

Remember - Bobby Robson was JOHN HALL's idea.

Shepherd is a fat unfunny clown. A disaster for NUFC.

Guest Groundhog

Fuckin hell, I've been trawling this pile of bollox for years and finally, finally

I'm in agreement with Phil K.................

....THAT'S IT, I'M OFF TO SHOOT MESELF  :lol:

Guest thompers

Yes, he'd be ideal if we were a small club in the top division, wanting to play good football, with no financial resources, for several seasons. But we're not.

Although we're not as big as we think we are, we're massive compared to charlton, and the transition from small club to bigger club isn't always a happy one. Whereas he might excel in a no money tight budget low-expectations scenario, he might suck arse at the money-to-spend high-expectations bit.

Pretty sure it was Freddy Fletcher who said he may be able to get Robson.

Yes, he'd be ideal if we were a small club in the top division, wanting to play good football, with no financial resources, for several seasons. But we're not.

Although we're not as big as we think we are, we're massive compared to charlton, and the transition from small club to bigger club isn't always a happy one. Whereas he might excel in a no money tight budget low-expectations scenario, he might suck arse at the money-to-spend high-expectations bit.

Every single top manager - whether it be Mourinho, Ferguson or whoever - has had to go through the transition that you're talking about there. There's no guarantees, but there's no better indication of a person's ability to handle a big club than their ability to handle a smaller club beforehand.

Every single top manager - whether it be Mourinho, Ferguson or whoever - has had to go through the transition that you're talking about there. There's no guarantees, but there's no better indication of a person's ability to handle a big club than their ability to handle a smaller club beforehand.

And managers like Mourinho, Ferguson etc had managed to win something at their small clubs which gave them the step up.

Has Curbishley managed to win something at his small club? In 10 fucking years?

Is he a winner?

Guest 3-1 NYD

I think that Curbishley is too 'sussed' to work for the fat buffoon. Besides, there's every possibility that the West Ham job will be available in the near future.

Face it lads, it'll be offered to Shearer, if he don't want it prepare yourselves for Sven!