Joelinton

Stifler

yeah a few touches but just no energy urgenmcy or movement.

no desire to get into the box.

just jogging watching miggy racing away unsupported, and also standing outside right just watching a great ball from the left go into the box with no one there.

lazy.

Thought he played well last night. Hell, his good play helped us get the corner before our goal. At least he's a better option than Gayle and Carroll.

He's had that back injury for a long time now though, so wonder why nothing has been done about it.

Have to disagree, Gayle will always finish a good opportunity,  and Carroll although he's slowed a lot, shows a ton more desire and effort.

He was passable so long as the ball was within 2 yards of him. He put himself about and did a couple of OK passes which because he usually doesn't even manage and thanks to the lowly expectations of him make him seem he's done well. However, he actively shirked shooting on more than one occasion and with the formation we play it's vital he busts a gut on the counter to support Miggy, he didn't do that.

Feigning injury man 😂

I understand people dislike players but making shit up is a borderline vendetta.

I'll stand by what i said.  it is speculative.  He threw his hands up after not being able to catch up after thru balls and was holding his side like he was cramping up for lack of breath.  He has some nice touches and has a bit of creativity about him but he sure seems to get gassed easily.  I could call him a donkey or say he doesn't look like he cares if you prefer.

Thought he played well last night. Hell, his good play helped us get the corner before our goal. At least he's a better option than Gayle and Carroll.

He's had that back injury for a long time now though, so wonder why nothing has been done about it.

Have to disagree, Gayle will always finish a good opportunity,  and Carroll although he's slowed a lot, shows a ton more desire and effort.

Gayle won't always finish an opportunity otherwise he'd be a rated Premier striker. He actually misses quite a few, and doesn't do much other than mooch which means he's not in the game much.

Carroll is basically a big slow donkey these days. You might as well play Clark as centre forward if all you want is a big lad to show desire and effort.

He was passable so long as the ball was within 2 yards of him. He put himself about and did a couple of OK passes which because he usually doesn't even manage and thanks to the lowly expectations of him make him seem he's done well. However, he actively shirked shooting on more than one occasion and with the formation we play it's vital he busts a gut on the counter to support Miggy, he didn't do that.

Agree with all that, but he still plays that position better than Carroll/Gayle ever will.

When he came off we lost our only target for goal kicks etc. and we suffered for it.

The only positive I can find with Joelinton is that if the ball is played into his feet, he can hold it okay, and sometimes link well with others around him. In the air he's useless, but we shouldn't really be playing it in the air, and he's not going to get on the end of chances. It's not good enough by a long shot, but the alternatives are worse. They probably won't score either, and they won't even be much use in build up play, or getting any team members in on goal.

I have been thinking about Joe for a while now. I always base any player on the Frank Pingel platform. My feeling many years ago, was that he was by far the worst striker I had ever seen. Today I decided to search YouTube and found his first goal

this game has two significances for today. I know Now I have been unduly harsh to poor Frank over alll these years, in one game he shows more desire and goal scoring ability than our current number 9. Also in this game we looked more likely to survive than the present shell of a side.

BTW I loved the Glen Roeder comment early on  :smitten:. I would love for one of our players today to be described as such.

I have been thinking about Joe for a while now. I always base any player on the Frank Pingel platform. My feeling many years ago, was that he was by far the worst striker I had ever seen. Today I decided to search YouTube and found his first goal

this game has two significances for today. I know Now I have been unduly harsh to poor Frank over alll these years, in one game he shows more desire and goal scoring ability than our current number 9. Also in this game we looked more likely to survive than the present shell of a side.

BTW I loved the Glen Roeder comment early on  :smitten:. I would love for one of our players today to be described as such.

Pingel was still better than Rob McDonald!

Used to love Roeder's 'Di Stefano shuffle'. :)

Joe now has his PL goal-scoring record at 1-in-19 and we are going to be relying on him to help keep us up.

Bloke is absolutely useless, regardless of what position he plays in. Every time he gets the ball, it looks like he's never seen one before.

Shouldn't be anywhere near the matchday squad.

Joe now has his PL goal-scoring record at 1-in-19 and we are going to be relying on him to help keep us up.

Bloke is absolutely useless, regardless of what position he plays in. Every time he gets the ball, it looks like he's never seen one before.

Shouldn't be anywhere near the matchday squad.

This!

He made a nuisance of himself on sunday night and won back possession a couple of times.

This is simply NOT enough.

Regardless of his ridiculous £40M price tag.

He carries no goal threat whatsoever and has zero attacking instincts.

Like a lot of them he is a passenger and we can't afford to carry any passengers, need total commitment.

We keep putting him on hoping that he will come good, 3 goals in 58 games in the league ffs, surely giving Gayle or anyone else a chance would be better?

Gayle didn't get involved at all in his last start, Joelinton is a far better option.

We keep putting him on hoping that he will come good, 3 goals in 58 games in the league ffs, surely giving Gayle or anyone else a chance would be better?

Gayle didn't get involved at all in his last start, Joelinton is a far better option.

Death is a far better option than both of the fuckers

At this level he should have scored imo. Trouble is he's not a PL level player.

My instant reaction was, how has that not gone in? When it's a bad miss. it's usually how the fuck did he miss that?

Thought he did most things right, he went back the other way which beat the keeper, it was only saved by a last ditch block by a defender.

Whether he should be playing is another debate, but with the options we have I don't really think there's much choice.