Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

Some ridiculous stats in there but I can't help but notice that every single one of those stats is either about goals or because of goals. Ridiculous pedantry, I know.

To think he was a winger for his first four or five years as well!

Some ridiculous stats in there but I can't help but notice that every single one of those stats is either about goals or because of goals. Ridiculous pedantry, I know.

Sounds pretentious but I don't care really, Messi does things with a football that are beyond stats (even though his stats are incredible). He's as close as you're going to get to legit art in football. He's the best to ever lace up a pair of boots.

His passing is ridiculous

Guest firetotheworks

Sounds pretentious but I don't care really, Messi does things with a football that are beyond stats (even though his stats are incredible). He's as close as you're going to get to legit art in football. He's the best to ever lace up a pair of boots.

Mate you can be as pretentious as you want with me where Messi's concerned. :lol: Agree with all of that.

Absolutely agree. Another generation would look back at the comparison though and without doubt favour Ronaldo purely down to stats. We're blessed to see both, but while Ronaldo is super-human, Messi is just on another planet.

Messi is an artist and Ronaldo is a machine.

If you were a team mate and rounded the keeper and rolled it in Messi would run back to the half way line and Ronaldo would steam in and boot it in and take the goal off you. :lol:

We are truly blessed to have seen both of these wonderful players play.

For the record I prefer Ronaldo as his intensity, belief and ability to transcend different leagues make him just slightly better in my book.

That does not mean I do not appreciate the brilliance of Messi.

It is possible to like them both!

If you were a team mate and rounded the keeper and rolled it in Messi would run back to the half way line and Ronaldo would steam in and boot it in and take the goal off you. :lol:

For the record I prefer Ronaldo as his intensity, belief and ability to transcend different leagues make him just slightly better in my book.

This is definitely a myth too like. :lol: Ronaldo has 219 assists. While I think Messi is better, there is very, very little between them.

Thought Michael Cox made an interesting point on Totally Football Show this week, he thinks that attackers shouldn't be allowed in the 6 yard box for corners.

Would need VAR to implement it properly I imagine but thought it was an interesting proposition

Guest firetotheworks

Absolutely agree. Another generation would look back at the comparison though and without doubt favour Ronaldo purely down to stats. We're blessed to see both, but while Ronaldo is super-human, Messi is just on another planet.

Not sure about that, mind. Messi's stats are just different really and I think he'll end up surpassing a lot of Ronaldo's in the CL as well tbh, he's only 13 goals behind having played 35 fewer games and he's only 29 goals behind Ronaldo overall having played 150 fewer games. If Messi ends up playing as many games as Ronaldo has he'll surpass all of his goalscoring records quite comfortably.

Guest firetotheworks

This is definitely a myth too like. :lol: Ronaldo has 219 assists. While I think Messi is better, there is very, very little between them.

A myth despite him regularly kicking off with teammates whenever they steal 'his' goals or they don't pass to him.

219 assists is incredible but in the context of Messi's 270 in 150 fewer appearances it backs up Boo Boy's point.

No idea why there's even a comparison at all tbh, goal scoring aside it's laughable that to me that anyone sees him as being up there with Messi. And yet I can't help but talk about it.

So very true.

A myth despite him regularly kicking off with teammates whenever they steal 'his' goals or they don't pass to him.

219 assists is incredible but in the context of Messi's 270 in 150 fewer appearances it backs up Boo Boy's point.

No idea why there's even a comparison at all tbh, goal scoring aside it's laughable that to me that anyone sees him as being up there with Messi. And yet I can't help but talk about it.

It's because of their individual and team achievements.