Henri Saivet (now a free agent)

lovejoy

:lol: because he wasn't fuckin class in his 10 minutes on the pitch having been at the club for 3 days?

Get rid imo.

Was on the pitch about 40 minutes like but you are correct. Not even like he was poor either

Oh, I'm not saying get rid or that he's a bad player or that he had a bad game.  It's just pretty clear that how alien Prem footy is to him.  And that makes the lack of understanding with his team mates more of an issue.  Something only time will fix.

Oh, I'm not saying get rid or that he's a bad player or that he had a bad game.  It's just pretty clear that how alien Prem footy is to him.  And that makes the lack of understanding with his team mates more of an issue.  Something only time will fix.

Um ... He's been here a few days and only played less than a half. Reading a lot into that showing I think.

Being harsh as f*** here, but he got out muscled on the ball a couple of times. But like has been said, we were under a lot of pressure at the time.

I noticed one of those. That would be something we hope doesn't stick. Need some strength in there for sure.

It's clear what Beautiful Day is saying. You buy proven Premier League players, ie Shelvey, they're more likely to come in and make an immediate impact, which is what we need, than a player signed from the French League. Surely that's why they cost more. Hopefully he can settle in quickly and benefit from playing next to Shelvey.

Guest zicomartin

To me, it looks like he was watching our class players (Shelvey/Wijnaldum) "appear" to have more time on the ball than they actually do... and tried to play at their pace - but really, he needs to ' run and press ' with more ugency to be more effective.   

I thought that he looked steady, nothing flash and no risks taken so all in all, a good enough start.

same, got a couple of good interceptions, and seemed to take up good positions as well.

He definitely seemed more of a holding player looking to take up intelligent defensive positions rather than diving in and leaving gaps. That I really liked a lot.