Henri Saivet (now a free agent)

lovejoy

Think we'll find out on Saturday.  Hoping to see Saivet and Shelvey starting with Wijnaldum in the no.10 role and Sissoko and Perez / Thauvin either side of him.

Horrible feeling we'll see Shelvey start with Colback though.

You just know it will be.  Minor injury or another yellow for Wor Jack is what is required.  Just so Saivet can get in the team and then prove he offers more than Colback.  If he doesn't, then we've wasted £5m on a terrible footballer. 

Guest reefatoon

Has McClaren played Colback as the only, main DM before though?  I don't think he has, so hopefully he won't deploy him in that role. I am feeling quite confident Shelvey will be replacing him and either Tiote will keep his place if he is still here on Saturday or Saivet will get the gig.

It's not like it's total madness to give new signings a couple of weeks to bed in in training and in sub cameos until they have the responsibiity of the team on them.

I would agree in most instances.  But when Colback proves to be an absolute waste of a shirt on a weekly basis.  I would advocate drastic changes. 

It could be a bit of a problem, starting two new centre midfielders.  Which is why I don't think it will happen.  But I wouldn't be against it.

It's not like it's total madness to give new signings a couple of weeks to bed in in training and in sub cameos until they have the responsibiity of the team on them.

I would agree in most instances.  But when Colback proves to be an absolute waste of a shirt on a weekly basis.  I would advocate drastic changes. 

It could be a bit of a problem, starting two new centre midfielders.  Which is why I don't think it will happen.  But I wouldn't be against it.

I'd agree that Colback and Shelvey in particular would be an absolute car crash waiting to happen, but I don't think it's something you can hold against McClaren too much.

If Tiote is still lurking around by Saturday then I'd start him with Shelvey.

Has McClaren played Colback as the only, main DM before though?  I don't think he has, so hopefully he won't deploy him in that role. I am feeling quite confident Shelvey will be replacing him and either Tiote will keep his place if he is still here on Saturday or Saivet will get the gig.

Agree with this. If Saivet isn't ready to come straight into the side we should hold onto Tiote for a couple more games. Colback isn't physically capable of playing as a lone DM.

Good player, used to play as attacking midfielder or winger, but this season did well playing as center midfielder. He's a well rounded player.

He'll need some time to adapt though.

A luxury we can ill afford if he is to replace Tiote or one of the chuckle brothers in (defensive) central midfield.