Henri Saivet (now a free agent)

lovejoy

The last lad we signed from Bordeux was class.

He wasn't too bad whilst at bordeaux and looked good when he first arrived. The attributes he did have which were his pace and willingness to get in behind defences were never properly used by pardew, who was more interested in seeing him man mark the likes of tony Hibbert out of games. Feel sorry for him in a way.

Why did Abdoulaye leave so soon again? He wasn't terrible iirc

Fell out with Keegan didn't he? He mostly played centre back for us but recall he could also play centre mid.

Thought he was decent for us.

Fell out with Keegan didn't he? He mostly played centre back for us but recall he could also play centre mid.

Seem to remember a training ground bust up being reported before he left?

Guest Roger Kint

Wasnt it at HT of the Everton game on the final day of the season? Sure he had a bust up and was substituted never to be heard of again. Maybe something to do with Nzogbia too as well as KK?

Wasnt it at HT of the Everton game on the final day of the season? Sure he had a bust up and was substituted never to be heard of again. Maybe something to do with Nzogbia too as well as KK?

N'Zogbia sounds familiar.

I would be amazed if Colback gets dropped, obvs I hope he does. It would be a very brave decision for McClaren, fans seem to love him.

Colback to LB seems the way out, keep him in the team, get him out of the middle of the park.

I would be amazed if Colback gets dropped, obvs I hope he does. It would be a very brave decision for McClaren, fans seem to love him.

Colback to LB seems the way out, keep him in the team, get him out of the middle of the park.

That wouldn't be the worst outcome, he can probably bring a lot more going forward than Dummett. Not sure if he will be up to the mark defensively though. Dummett is pretty good in the air for one thing.

That wouldn't be the worst outcome, he can probably bring a lot more going forward than Dummett. Not sure if he will be up to the mark defensively though. Dummett is pretty good in the air for one thing.

I am not a Dummett fan, but would 100% play him at LB over Colback.  At least he offers some defensive solidity.  Colback offers nothing whatsoever.