Newcastle United vs Huddersfield Town - 31/03/18 @ 15:00 - No TV

Guest Howaythetoon

Aye if Southampton was a must win, this is a must not lose. If we play the same way with the same intensity and work rate we should be fine. They struggle in front of goal and to close games out. Their manager seems to have the knack over Rafa though. Crowd will be important, I can’t see this being a high scoring game, 1-0 either way or 1-1. Win this though and safety is within touching distance.

Aye if Southampton was a must win, this is a must not lose. If we play the same way with the same intensity and work rate we should be fine. They struggle in front of goal and to close games out. Their manager seems to have the knack over Rafa though. Crowd will be important, I can’t see this being a high scoring game, 1-0 either way or 1-1. Win this though and safety is within touching distance.

Does he? He bottled it when it counted last year.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39086346

Didn't realise we were five clear. We really shouldn't have made such hard work of it from then like.

Didn't realise we were five clear. We really shouldn't have made such hard work of it from then like.

We followed it up with a decent point at Reading who were playing well then. Once back at SJP Fulham pummelled us. Fucking typical. :lol:

The goal against them with their keeper stranded after going up the pitch was probably my favourite last season.

Huddersfield strike me as an ultimately poor team but with the luck/knack of scoring the few goals they do at optimal times to put points on the board. This luck/knack/voodoo thing goes back to the Championship where they got promoted with a minus goal difference and without winning a single game in the playoffs. So I don't know how good Wagner is, regularly conceding two or more as they have this season is Pardew/Carver territory, but he's certainly got them a lot of points for the resources available. It would be poetic justice if they stayed up and West Ham and their free stadium went down.

We seem to have seen off the can't-win-at-home albatross, but we are surely not as good as Southampton made us look. If Huddersfield are on one of their voodoo days, all bets may be off, but if they are not we should have enough to beat them.