Alan Shearer

Weznufc

Next season if our front two are Mitrovic and Armstrong I wouldn't be surprised if Mitro doesn't score that many, and Armstrong being the top scorer, Mitro would be perfect for feeding off to Armstrong to run in behind and him bang in the goals. It could potentially be a match made in heaven.

Or we could just, you know, get a striker or two in who've scored goals at that level, or a higher one.

Honestly, you post like your constantly on magic mushrooms, man.

What the fuck? :lol: I was just saying it could work well, ofcourse i'd rather a proven goal scorer for the league, but does that mean I can't talk about the current players we've got and possible combinations that could work well?

You just seem to have it in for me just because of one or two posts I made about McLaren, posts that I retrospectively admitted to being wrong. :lol:

Next season if our front two are Mitrovic and Armstrong I wouldn't be surprised if Mitro doesn't score that many, and Armstrong being the top scorer, Mitro would be perfect for feeding off to Armstrong to run in behind and him bang in the goals. It could potentially be a match made in heaven.

Or we could just, you know, get a striker or two in who've scored goals at that level, or a higher one.

Honestly, you post like you're constantly on magic mushrooms, man.

Hooper. Nugent.

If Rafa stays it will be interesting to see if he wants to keep Mitrovic or not. He's preferred Cisse to Mitrovic so far. Maybe Rafa doesn't rate him? If Rafa stays I'll go with his opinion on whether he wants to keep Mitrovic or not. Anyway, for all we know Mitrovic's agent may be frantically looking for a new club for Mitrovic.

What was more interesting was that Rafa preferred to start with Cisse when the game is usually tight and there aren't many opportunities for strikers. Might have been better the other way round in hindsight.

I used to say God about Shearer but now that is reserved for Sir Bob. What a legend though. Cannot believe people genuinely put someone like Ben Arfa in that bracket. Sometimes this forum is laughable. #CueCriticismFromEveryone

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk

I'm the biggest Ben Arfa fan boy imaginable and he's not fit to lace Alan's boots. Myth dispelled.

I used to say God about Shearer but now that is reserved for Sir Bob. What a legend though. Cannot believe people genuinely put someone like Ben Arfa in that bracket. Sometimes this forum is laughable. #CueCriticismFromEveryone

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk

I'm the biggest Ben Arfa fan boy imaginable and he's not fit to lace Alan's boots. Myth dispelled.

There will never be a player I love watching more than Shearer. Everything a forward should be. Loved watching Ben Arfa at his best but some people are ott about him

Should the time Shearer spent here as Manage be looked at differently by those who thought that he was a shit manager considering what has happened this season?

No.

I think it should, Shearer, like Rafa didn't have enough time to make a difference.  His time here as manager shouldn't be seen as anything other than what it was, a job destined to fail through no fault of his own.

It's pointless even speculating how Shearer is as a manager tbh. No conclusions can be drawn from 8 meaningless games with that group of shitehawks.

I agree.

Tbf no one expected Carroll to do what he did so there's every chance Mitrovitch could do it.

Exactly, loads of people thought Carroll was awful and had no chance of making it

Mitrovic has at least scored goals in the Premier League and had chances to score a few more

I have no doubts he will score goals in The Championship BUT I don't want us to rely on him, need to get at the least a proven goalscorer in and have Mitrovic with Armstrong as support

Yeah it did. He was pretty poor at the start of The Championship season.

Everything suddenly seemed to click for him after he scored twice against WBA in the cup. Remember when he came on against Man City at home and was a complete waste of time, everybody was absolutely foaming with him. :lol:

Yeah it did. He was pretty poor at the start of The Championship season.

Everything suddenly seemed to click for him after he scored twice against WBA in the cup. Remember when he came on against Man City at home and was a complete waste of time, everybody was absolutely foaming with him. [emoji38]

I think everybody was fair to write him off just based on how bad that cameo was. [emoji38]

Carroll had scored goals in the PL too, by the way.

If there's one player I totally misjudged it was him. Thought he looked absolutely awful in the first half of the Championship season and wrote him off. He's mostly been brilliant (when fit) ever since.

Some of the posts from that match thread, including one from me:

just one negative to mention, Carroll, that was fucking embarassing, i could teach a monkey to run at a man in possesion of a football, he never moved his arse once. if he thinks that the only job he needed to do was get on the end of long balls then he shouldnt be anywhere near a football team.

Carroll :lol: Utter shite.

Shola might be shite but when you put him up against Carroll, he looks like Shearer reincarnate.

Carroll is useless. Jogs around, does nothing, can't head the ball.

Geez Carroll is making me want to have Ameobi back, which is quite something

I have a better touch than Carroll - hes awful.

Carroll is absolute wank btw.

:lol: He was shocking like.

Carroll was one of those I was unsure of tbh. While he looked like he had two left feet when he was running with the ball  I can remember he scored a pretty smart finish where he cracked a left footer low into the corner of the net. I haven't seen that from Mitro at all. He's decent as a target man, but he looks like a player who is more comfortable with his back to goal. Too early to write him off, but we shouldn't be relying on him for goals if we want promotion first time of asking next season.

Carroll was one of those I was unsure of tbh. While he looked like he had two left feet when he was running with the ball  I can remember he scored a pretty smart finish where he cracked a left footer low into the corner of the net. I haven't seen that from Mitro at all. He's decent as a target man, but he looks like a player who is more comfortable with his back to goal. Too early to write him off, but we shouldn't be relying on him for goals if we want promotion first time of asking next season.

Liverpool when we put three past them, I even did a pic in the 'Football in Paint' thread on it :)