Alan Shearer

Weznufc

15 a season for 5 years is a big ask. Hardly like Rooney keeps himself in great shape and he's looked bobbins in his first two games at striker this season.

Hope no-one breaks his record. Rooney might get close mind.

Rooney :yao:

He's not that far off - especially if he plays up front.

Aye people keep writing this off as if it could never happen , when it really isn't beyond the realms of possibility

He's 30 in 2 months, he's scored an average of 13 goals over the last three seasons, Man Utd are no longer pissing the league, he's 75 behind and he looks fucking shot. It's over. He'll be lucky if he keeps fit enough to come within 30 of the record IMO.

The fanboy in me hopes it is never beaten, but then records are there to be beaten. Ronney would feel a little too soon, but in any case realistically he's going to have to have some amazing seasons to get there.

Growing up it was always said that a 30+ goal season was not just good but amazing. I even remember an interview of Shearer himself saying no one would ever hit 30 league goals again... Only for Kevin Phillips to get there 10 months later. What Messi and Ronaldo have been doing the last few seasons certainly puts it all in perspective.

Rooney in his prime, if he's ever had one.. 2 great seasons.. has never even looked close to lacing Shearer's boots when Al was at his best ffs.  The only striker in the world better than Shearer at his best was the best striker of all time.

Do people forget how good Shearer actually was or purposly remember him as a bit of a clogger at 35 years old?

Rooney in his prime, if he's ever had one.. 2 great seasons.. has never even looked close to lacing Shearer's boots when Al was at his best ffs.  The only striker in the world better than Shearer at his best was the best striker of all time.

Do people forget how good Shearer actually was or purposly remember him as a bit of a clogger at 35 years old?

He wasn't a clogger even at 35, man. Mackems had to take him out to finish him, the fuckers. I've got all day for Alan Shearer, he's the man. Everybody whines on about his MotD drivel, but he's doing his job. You want to hear the shite I have to say at work. :lol:

Anyway, didn't you die recently? Are you OK now, though? That's the main thing.

You'd expect Rooney to head somewhere like MLS once he stops playing regularly for Man U. The only lesser Prem table you could see him going to is Everton, and that would be with a 70%+ pay cut. To break Shearer's record, Rooney will probably need to score the remaining goals for Man U.

Given the likely scenario, Ancelotti/Pep/Klopp etc. managing Man U in two seasons' time is going to want to play someone else and will have anything up to 100M to get that player in. That's if Van Gaal doesn't do it first. Common sense says they should buy a central striker this window or next, and they can afford the best one available and willing to go there, whoever he may be.

He wasn't a clogger even at 35, man. Mackems had to take him out to finish him, the f***ers. I've got all day for Alan Shearer, he's the man. Everybody whines on about his MotD drivel, but he's doing his job. You want to hear the s**** I have to say at work. :lol:

He's not even that bad anymore tbh, he was at the beginning no doubt. ( MOTD)

He wasn't a clogger even at 35, man. Mackems had to take him out to finish him, the f***ers. I've got all day for Alan Shearer, he's the man. Everybody whines on about his MotD drivel, but he's doing his job. You want to hear the s**** I have to say at work. [emoji38]

He's not even that bad anymore tbh, he was at the beginning no doubt. ( MOTD)

Also it is a pretty difficult job to comment on 7 or 8 games most of which you've only seen highlights of

His statue looks great imo.

It's marginally better than the Robson statue, but still think Tom Maley is stealing a fucking living as an artist.

All about opinions of course, but everything he does just lacks any gravitas and instead come across as hopelessly cartoonish to me. Far, far, far prefer Milburns statue to the latest efforts to build lasting tributes (including that godawful plaque).