Alan Shearer

Weznufc

:lol: Hansens a joke if he said that like.

Happy to critique players/managers where possible & earn a large amount doing so, but the poor guy might be expected to actually back it up with performance in an actual football role.

:lol: Hansens a joke if he said that like.

Happy to critique players/managers where possible & earn a large amount doing so, but the poor guy might be expected to actually back it up with performance in an actual football role.

Read his book. By his own admission he's been crippled by self doubt his entire life, if he went into management and folk took the piss it would ruin him.

I did a double take when I read about him not 'getting back' into football management. He scarcely dipped his toe in the water.

I always felt that he was reluctant to commit the sacrifices that would be necessary to pursue a career in management. It must have a big impact on your personal life.

Nah, he's right.  He's saying he'd be judged a hundred times more harshly than any other new football manager and that's correct.

Right, because of the amount of people he has criticized. Anytime someone criticizes another ofcourse people expect higher standards, let alone when they're paid to do it. If you're going to talk from a lofty position, its weak to back out because people might then expect you to back up that conviction. If you've to much self doubt to perform then dont argue with the performers surely.

• 6 months later...

Bit weird really, a population of 200 million that will see them as a failure if they lose in the final, yet they care what a pundit in England is saying. I'm pretty sure people in Brazil are saying similar things about Fred.

The same Fred who looked poor against Japan and Mexico in the Confed and then embarrassed defenders like Chiellini and Pique? It does my head in when pundits analyze players based on two games. He's been poor and everyone knows it, but he's not a poor striker.

Bit weird really, a population of 200 million that will see them as a failure if they lose in the final, yet they care what a pundit in England is saying. I'm pretty sure people in Brazil are saying similar things about Fred.

Maybe has to do with Shearer being one of the best players to grace the game? No one cares what pundits say unless they're a respected ex-player.

Maybe has to do with Shearer being one of the best players to grace the game? No one cares what pundits say unless they're a respected ex-player.

Do ex Brazil players become pundits Flip?

If so who and are they respected as pundits?

Who the fuck is Dani Alves to talk in any case? He's an overrated cheat who is all about the glam and the "look at me look at me im a hipster footballer" haircuts. He's a wanker who has been off his game for about 3 years now, and is lucky his national side pick players on reputation and not on form (as is the case with Fred).

Leonardo used to be a pundit. Dunno what he's doing now.

Leonardo used to be a pundit. Dunno what he's doing now.

He was for Aunty Beeb wasn't he?

Who the f*** is Dani Alves to talk in any case? He's an overrated cheat who is all about the glam and the "look at me look at me im a hipster footballer" haircuts. He's a w***** who has been off his game for about 3 years now, and is lucky his national side pick players on reputation and not on form (as is the case with Fred).

I agree with you're second part as I think Maicon and other deserved a spot ahead of him. But overrated cheat? Probably one of the best right backs to play this game in his peak. Was a big reason to why Barcelona was so good, and I doubt we'll see any rightbacks reaching 20+ assists in a season again. Fred isn't picked on reputation either, he's picked because he's a leader on the pitch and has been great for the national team until recently when he's been dealing with injuries. 35 games, 17 goals is better than most strikers in this World Cup (and he's mostly scored against the best sides as he's a big game player) Stop talking out of your ass.

We have some. Falcao is an excellent pundit, but also down to being an extremely intelligent player. Casagrande and Junior are decent as well, Ronaldo is trying to do his job but isn't as succesfull. Have some horrible ones. The problem in Brazil is that the ones that are realy horrible are the ones that have never touched a ball in their lifes. There's so many you want to rip their head apart the ex-players usually know something at least.