Swansea City 3 - 0 Newcastle United - 04/12/13 - post-match reaction from p37

Dave

Dem rules, though. The lack of a red card promotes cheating imo.

If Debuchy went down there, it was much more likely to be a red. There's no value in honesty when so many people are rewarded for lying.

:thup:

I hate the fact that referees are incapable of blowing the whistle unless the player goes down. In all situations.

Poor for long stretches but the "no strikers and they scored 3 argh its so embarrassing" thing doesn't really wash.

First goal: utter howler from Krul.

Second goal: miracle of an OG

Third goal: howler from Krul. Guy who scored shouldn't be on the pitch.

Webb gave us absolutely nothing. We've had similar levels of performance in other games and come away with points. By far my biggest gripe is how they absolutely packed it in after the second goal. Shameful.

This is pretty much how I feel.

Our execution of the counter game was p*ss poor however. The chances we did make were squandered but the majority of our possession resulted in the wrong decision being made. Perhaps allowing Swansea so much space/time for their own gameplan was the wrong idea but in all honesty they never scored (nor looked like scoring) from that kind of set up.

Agree with this. We lack any sort of bottle if we go a goal down and it always worries me.

We were bang average tonight but we should have had a pen and they were certainly not worthy of 3 goals. Frustrating as hell.

If Debuchy went down there, it was much more likely to be a red. There's no value in honesty when so many people are rewarded for lying.

Exactly my point atm, players have to dive to make ref aware and out the question in their mind. If they stay on the feet, ref is given a far easier decision. Diving is a problem but poor officiating worse and far more costly!

Supposed to be the leagues form team. Nothing of the sort evident today. Shoddy.

This is it really, when people talk about a team "in form", they generally mean playing well and full of confidence. We've been winning yet haven't been in form at all. We don't allow ourselves to get into form because we yank back the reins at the first sign of a trot.

Shelvey "headbutt" was nothing. We had shouts for penalties of the type that do get given at the right place and the right time. But we deserved to lose, maybe not by 0-3 though.

agree with most of that, the first penalty though is given whenever it is seen, sometime if the ref doesn't see it it goes by but when he sees it he gives 9 times out of 10. the foul on gouffran mind is a pen all day but rarely given at all anywhere.

BT Sport ‏@btsport 3m

#SwaNew: Jonjo Shelvey - "If someone is in my face then my first natural reaction is just to put my head straight into him." #btsport

yet debuchy stood still ? I'm sure shelvey said he moved his head "to avoid him".

Thought that was a good result considering we had a full strength team, they had lots of injuries. They had played 3 times in one week, we were "in form" and they had won 1 home game in 11, and that was against Sunderland. Fuck Off Pardew.

Guest bimpy474

Williams handball is the most blatant of the lot, 5 secs before the handball in front of the goal. The Linesman was 10 yards away and both of Williams's hands are above his head. Fucking ridiculous decision.

Why did Swansea score just before half time and then come out still trying to play football? Why didn't they batten down the hatches and give us the ball?

Time to come up with something new. This is getting rather boring.

Is he wrong ?

Wullie is 100% :thup:

Perhaps it was just me but I thought there was a pretty extended period in that second half where we had more of the ball and looked more likely to score, they seemed happy to sit back and try and hit us on the break. Hasn't that been our gameplan for the season? Although, we've often sat back after a 2 goal lead, not 1 (which isn't very good but saying it's with a one goal advantage isn't true, IMO).

Guest bimpy474

Why did Swansea score just before half time and then come out still trying to play football? Why didn't they batten down the hatches and give us the ball?

Is he wrong ?

Perhaps it was just me but I thought there was a pretty extended period in that second half where we had more of the ball and looked more likely to score, they seemed happy to sit back and try and hit us on the break. Hasn't that been our gameplan for the season? Although, we've often sat back after a 2 goal lead, not 1 (which isn't very good but saying it's with a one goal advantage isn't true, IMO).

We looked likely but we never seem to make clear cut chances, it always seems to be scrappy second ball hits. We never seem to slice team open. Bugs me that like.

Your kidding me, he thrust his head in Debuchys direction and made minimal contact. Rules of the game are thats a sending off.

Doesn't matter how soft it looked. If it was Joey Barton it would be a nine match ban.

Disappointing tonight like. Although they were barely threatening for the most part, we allowed them far too much possession.

Obviously on another day we would have had a competent ref and could have got a result, but we can't rely on that in this league unfortunately. Ah whey, we'll just have to dee Man U.

Guest VanBarduck

BT Sport ‏@btsport 3m

#SwaNew: Zinedine Zidane - "If someone is in my face then my first natural reaction is just to put my head straight into him." #btsport

Is he wrong ?

We looked likely but we never seem to make clear cut chances, it always seems to be scrappy second ball hits. We never seem to slice team open. Bugs me that like.

Not disagreeing with that, we're not a really creative side, although, Remy's chance (the handball) was a really good one. I just didn't think Swansea really tried to take it to us after the break, we settled down and they withdrew a bit and hit us on the break, which worked as we were all over the place in the middle. After the second goal, their tails were up and we were unforgivably abject, heads shouldn't drop like that.

Guest bimpy474

Is he wrong ?

Not disagreeing with that, we're not a really creative side, although, Remy's chance (the handball) was a really good one. I just didn't think Swansea really tried to take it to us after the break, we settled down and they withdrew a bit and hit us on the break, which worked as we were all over the place in the middle. After the second goal, their tails were up and we were unforgivably abject, heads shouldn't drop like that.

I was getting really annoyed at them dominating the middle, while Pardew changed it, he still left 2 in the middle which was suicidal against these. Such poor management. Especially when as you said we were all over the place in there.

Guest firetotheworks

I'm still absolutely baffled as to why Tiote was used, then wasn't changed for Anita when it was pretty obvious that the match didn't suit Tiote.

The subs were back to their baffling worst.

I was disappointed he put on Obertan rather than Sammy.

Some would say there's not much difference, but with that chance where Obertan was fed in and the ball got caught under his feet, I'd have fancied Sammy to have got a shot away. Putting on Obertan was a very risk-averse decision.

Mbiwa for Willo didn't make much sense either unless Willo was injured.