Dogawful Officiating

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

Guest neesy111

You've done an investigation on this? Please share it.

Nope, but the general feeling I get is that it hasn't improved anything but the bank balances of those who are Full Time referees.

Wayne Rooney got away with elbowing someone in the head last season so Chelsea probably felt it was worth a try

There's favouritism but Raaaaayne Wooooooney is on a different level.

Guest Phil K

I'd like to inaugurate Mike Dean as the first winner of the Dodgy c*** Ref of the Week award.  The yellow to David Luiz shows one (or more) of three things:

1) He is biased in favor of Chelsea

2) He doesn't know the last man rule

3) He doesn't have the balls to make the right call

Any of the three should really be grounds for him to have to find a new line of work. 

Shocking for sure, but only insofar as this type of s*** happens all the time in English footy, generally in favor of the clubs that spend the £££.

All true. But nothing new.

We've found this to be the case for years.

A Barnsley referee whose name escapes me always did us when officiating. Barnes ? was that his name ?

Pat Partridge was a Sunderland fan but refereed a few Newcastle v Sunderland (reasonably fairly if Im honest)

But refs are people. The worst example (to me) was the infamous ref of the Arsenal v Newcastle quarter final League Cup which Ginola's brilliance came to a crashing end. Lou "Arsehole" Macari had blasted this ref for "Allowing Ginola to con him and ruin a young lads career" after a young kid kicked lumps out of Ginola and was deservedly sent off when we beat Bristol City 5-1 away. Macari was their big-mouthed manager, who belittled Newcastle before the game and compared them unfavourably with Man U, and lost it when proved wrong. Ashley though took it to heart and was clearly determined to "get" Ginola one way or another. The rest as they say is history. Worst refereeing performance I ever saw. Worse than Trelford Mills. But he was influenced by Macari's criticism and determined to prove him wrong, and went WAY over the top in doing so.

The FA

Derry appeal dismissed

Tuesday, 10 April, 2012

QPR midfielder to serve one match suspension.

Queens Park Rangers midfielder Shaun Derry will serve a one match suspension with immediate effect after his claim of wrongful dismissal was rejected by a Regulatory Commission today [Tuesday 10 April].

Derry was dismissed for denying a goalscoring opportunity in the Premier League match against Manchester United on Sunday 8 April 2012.

What a joke.

That's actually not even funny. Just wish someone with clout and influence and a lot of spare time would bang on about this and stir up media pressure until the FA had to release a statement explaining why the red card was not over-turned. The statement would read: 'we were just protecting our own'.

The lack of trust or respect in the governors of the game is at an abysmal nadir. They have no standing to criticise Fifa for being corrupt tbh. Hope England continually get cheated out of all major competitions in the most flagrant and Suarez-esque circumstances until change is brought about within the FA.

QPR's Shaun Derry has described the Football Association's decision to uphold his red card against Manchester United at Old Trafford as "ridiculous".

Derry was sent off for a foul on Ashley Young during Sunday's 2-0 defeat.

Replays showed minimal contact with Young, who was in an offside position when the ball was played.

"There was no explanation as to why it was not overturned, or any indication of why I got sent off. The whole scenario is quite bizarre," he said.

"I don't know what they do at the FA, but it's not working."

The 34-year-old captain served a one-match ban which ruled him out of QPR's 3-0 victory over Swansea on Wednesday.

Rangers boss Mark Hughes said his side were "losing faith in referees" following the dismissal of Derry by referee Lee Mason.

Derry, who joined QPR from Crystal Palace in 2010, added: "I thought it was a foregone conclusion that it would be overturned and I would be available for Swansea. Everyone thought the FA would put it to bed that way.

"To miss out on the next game is ridiculous really.

"The e-mail we got back from the FA was one line telling me my appeal had not been successful. That's as far as it went.

"It was the single highlight of my career to lead a Premier League side out at Old Trafford, so I was bitterly disappointed to say the least. It is a tough pill to swallow."

Guest neesy111

The FA

Derry appeal dismissed

Tuesday, 10 April, 2012

QPR midfielder to serve one match suspension.

Queens Park Rangers midfielder Shaun Derry will serve a one match suspension with immediate effect after his claim of wrongful dismissal was rejected by a Regulatory Commission today [Tuesday 10 April].

Derry was dismissed for denying a goalscoring opportunity in the Premier League match against Manchester United on Sunday 8 April 2012.

What a joke.

That's actually not even funny. Just wish someone with clout and influence and a lot of spare time would bang on about this and stir up media pressure until the FA had to release a statement explaining why the red card was not over-turned. The statement would read: 'we were just protecting our own'.

The lack of trust or respect in the governors of the game is at an abysmal nadir. They have no standing to criticise Fifa for being corrupt tbh. Hope England continually get cheated out of all major competitions in the most flagrant and Suarez-esque circumstances until change is brought about within the FA.

Change has been needed in the FA for decades, tbf to the Tories they've told the FA they have to reform by 2013 latest.

QPR's Shaun Derry has described the Football Association's decision to uphold his red card against Manchester United at Old Trafford as "ridiculous".

Derry was sent off for a foul on Ashley Young during Sunday's 2-0 defeat.

Replays showed minimal contact with Young, who was in an offside position when the ball was played.

"There was no explanation as to why it was not overturned, or any indication of why I got sent off. The whole scenario is quite bizarre," he said.

"I don't know what they do at the FA, but it's not working."

The 34-year-old captain served a one-match ban which ruled him out of QPR's 3-0 victory over Swansea on Wednesday.

Rangers boss Mark Hughes said his side were "losing faith in referees" following the dismissal of Derry by referee Lee Mason.

Derry, who joined QPR from Crystal Palace in 2010, added: "I thought it was a foregone conclusion that it would be overturned and I would be available for Swansea. Everyone thought the FA would put it to bed that way.

"To miss out on the next game is ridiculous really.

"The e-mail we got back from the FA was one line telling me my appeal had not been successful. That's as far as it went.

"It was the single highlight of my career to lead a Premier League side out at Old Trafford, so I was bitterly disappointed to say the least. It is a tough pill to swallow."

Now watch him get another ban for criticising the FA.

Guest bimpy474

Martin Atkinson should definitely get suspended. This isn't the first time he's made a horrendous decision.

Aye, one of dozens, nah hundreds, he is shit.

The thing is he couldn't even see if it crossed the line neither did the assistant, and if there is any doubt it should go to the team defending not the team attacking, disgraceful.

Looks like there is another one to review that will get ignored, with Mikel kicking out now.

Don't understand. Ever-reliable Clive pointed out that it was something that wasn't going to damage Parker, didn't catch anymore as I was attempting to tune him out as much as possible. Was he defending it being a yellow? Surely if it was seen by the referee to deserve a card, it has to be a red considering it was a needless kick out?