Dogawful Officiating

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

Was AR for a high school boys play off game this week and they were showing the game live on the big screen TV at the stadium using  cameras up in the stands and along the touchlines .

It certainly increases the pressure on you as a referee to know that your decisions will be immediately replayed on screen for all to see.

I don't think it helps that the linesmen in this country refuse to make any big calls 90% of the time. Seem too shit scared to make a big call which may be wrong so would rather leave it.

Think it's crazy that nothing happens. I see no charm at all with all the mistakes, they should just not happen. Of course, goal cameras should already have been introduced (crazy that it hasn´t).

Then I think the idea to get each team the chance to challenge a decision 2-3 times a game, and if you get them right you get a new chance, seems like an good idea. The argument that it would stop the "flow" in the game is just absurd to me. After a controversial decision the "flow" stops anyway with all the argument.

In addition, you should be able to give the fourth official referee access to video images to help the head referee. In that way they could easily have correct the decisions in the Chelsea and the Man Utd games.

Of course we will never get every decision right as it is an judgement sport where different parties will think differently about every decision. But the main thing is that such obvious situations as happened over the weekend would not happen (or the one were Ireland didn´t qualify for the European championship...), and that is the main thing for me. To help the referees, not to leave them alone.

I'm actually still upset over the Chelsea victory, and I just pray that those decisions in that game won´t affect the outcome of our season.

Guest neesy111

Thought today's ref was shite.  Never penalised Bolton for lots of niggly fouls (remember Swansea doing the same thing).

Guest neesy111

Thought today's ref was s****.  Never penalised Bolton for lots of niggly fouls (remember Swansea doing the same thing).

I thought he had a good game, was fairly consistent

His inability to count to 10 pissed a lot of us off

Shite, constitutes a good performance in my referee performance chart.

Yeap, that FK 2nd half where the whole crowd saw he counted to 9 and was more about 8 by the time HBA took it.  Would had scored if it was on target mind.

That freekick in the first half and the inability to give anything, bar the linesman flag within 10yds of the half way line, were errors for a start. Combined with two clear yellows in the build up to HBA's goal and his performance was weak. Clearly a ref wanting to allow the game to flow and make a decisive name for himself but weak to make a decision. His learning curve from the C'ship was obvious.

And its about time we stopped showing minutes on the board for nowt. In the first half today we stopped for 30s for fat arse to tie his shoe lace and a fake 'injury' before our corner. We could have easily have played on both times so no need to stop the watch. The FA are obsessed about extra minutes

The FA

Derry appeal dismissed

Tuesday, 10 April, 2012

QPR midfielder to serve one match suspension.

Queens Park Rangers midfielder Shaun Derry will serve a one match suspension with immediate effect after his claim of wrongful dismissal was rejected by a Regulatory Commission today [Tuesday 10 April].

Derry was dismissed for denying a goalscoring opportunity in the Premier League match against Manchester United on Sunday 8 April 2012.

What a joke.

And again our CL rivals gets some incredible decisions going their way. Shocking stuff from the ref in that Spurs game.

Sod Spurs lol, Chelsea have won 4 points in last 2 games due to wrong ref decisions, if they were doing thier jobs properly Chelsea would be practically out of the race for 4th already.

Guest Geordiesned

Offside first of all.

Then it wasn't a foul it was a dive.

And even if considered a foul and was onside he wouldn't have got the ball so it wasn't a clear goalscoring opportunity!

The FA are a joke.