Dogawful Officiating

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

http://i42.tinypic.com/2agsygy.jpg

Continuing my 'Why Mike Dean is a hypocrite' series...

Not really. How's he supposed to see that? O'Shea's been clever with how he's holding onto Williamson, like most other defenders do. Williamson made it clear as day what he was doing. The two incidents are completely different, albeit both shirt pulling.

And my favourite one of all:

http://i42.tinypic.com/2zflwn7.jpg

Chris Waddle described this "O'Shea took the ball" - Aye, he also pushed Ba off the ball to get it :lol:

For me the most annoying thing was the fact that Cattermole and Mclean's tackles were bookings (which they may well be) but the bookings he dished out to us were a joke. And the freekicks were shocking too.

The worst being a Tiote 'foul' on the halfway line when he won the ball amazingly well.

The worst being a Tiote 'foul' on the halfway line when he won the ball amazingly well.

That the one when he kind of turned the ball away and put his back to the midfielder? Thought that was a class challenge.

When you see the stills like that, it just rams home how important the consistency is if Dean is going to make the decision he did with Williamson.  Shocking that ESPN, BBC and the newspapers haven't picked up on this, yet will bang on about the great decision re Williamson.  Appalling really.

When you see the stills like that, it just rams home how important the consistency is if Dean is going to make the decision he did with Williamson.  Shocking that ESPN, BBC and the newspapers haven't picked up on this, yet will bang on about the great decision re Williamson.  Appalling really.

Aye. Seeing those stills have really p*ssed me off. Consistency my arse.

Mike Dean (and the media) thinks he's a top referee but he bottles so many decisions, the main examples being the David Luiz incident at St. James' in December and Cattermole yesterday in the first few minutes. Though Dean does get a point for sending off Cattermole at full time.

That the one when he kind of turned the ball away and put his back to the midfielder? Thought that was a class challenge.

Me n me mates all looked at each other and were like "that was easily the cleanest and best challenge in the whole half"

Guest michaelfoster

Peter Walton is retiring at the end of March, his last match will be 31st March as he is taking up a new job as General Manager of refereeing in United States & Canada on 2nd April

Mike Dean got the Luiz incident wrong and didn't do a great job last weekend either, but I for one think he's still the best ref the league has to offer.

Agreed, it's not that rare for Select Group refs to do Football League games after all, there are 18 refs for 10 PL games after all!

Referees need to get tougher with diving and Arsenal in particular every challenge in every game they go to ground, if a man beats them they go to ground. Time for referees to take note, fair enough Arsenal are shit at set pieces and often don't get goals from it but it stops the others teams from attacking and having possession.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Ref had a good game today.

For us, aye. He was shocking.

Aye. Missed handball.

Perch could have been sent off at the end.

Ref had a good game today.

For us, aye. He was shocking.

Aye. Missed handball.

Perch could have been sent off at the end.

Perch and Willi were in his line of sight for the handball, it came off Willys face anyway, we only denied them an own goal lol. 

Should have been a penalty etc, but in fairness it happened very quickly and was only about three inches from being off his shoulder and no problem. One of those that looks miles more obvious on a slow motion replay.

In any case, when you've got Luiz Suarez claiming like fuck for a handball you're bound to have doubts.

Should have been a penalty etc, but in fairness it happened very quickly and was only about three inches from being off his shoulder and no problem. One of those that looks miles more obvious on a slow motion replay.

In any case, when you've got Luiz Suarez claiming like fuck for a handball you're bound to have doubts.

Skysports replayed it soo many times I missed Cisse I think getting taken out like 8 mins worth of replays of Simo later.  Where as they only showed Carroll trippin on a blade of grass 2 times. I know I`m not imagining how biased Sky is sometimes.