Dogawful Officiating

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

Thought Webb was canny shocking the other night too, obviously the result papered over that. There was nothing major (well penalty aside, but that hardly mattered in the end :smug:), but the amount of silly little decisions that went their way was ridiculous.

Guest neesy111

Thought Webb was canny shocking the other night too, obviously the result papered over that. There was nothing major (well penalty aside, but that hardly mattered in the end :smug:), but the amount of silly little decisions that went their way was ridiculous.

He blew for 2 high feet which were less of the ground than the goal Wellbeck just scored there. 

The free kick against Ba in the first half was the weirdest decision i've ever seen.

He blew for 2 high feet which were less of the ground than the goal Wellbeck just scored there. 

Aye, remember a few strange high feet decisions where it was six of one and half a dozen of another yet they got the freekick.

Yesterday the Blackburn keeper was booked for remonstrating briefly about a Newcastle player being offside.

On Wednesday evening Wayne Rooney was almost contantly in Howard Webb's face telling him what to do and after Newcastles first goal had a concerted and prolonged attack at the referee right up until the game kicked off again. He was not booked as were no other Man U players who repeatedly behaved the same way.

It looks like Rooney again today offered "advice" to the ref before Kompany was sent off.

What is the special reletionshio between Manchester United and officials ?

I wouldn't mind if the ref had even seen it as a foul. He was playing on until Rooney got in his face.

You see, this is what bugs me about Foy. You could see why he showed a red - although I think he was wrong - but he seems to be influenced by outside factors too much. I'm still livid about the Spurs match because it was a systematic favouring of one team over another.

/stillbitter

I wouldn't mind if the ref had even seen it as a foul. He was playing on until Rooney got in his face.

You see, this is what bugs me about Foy. You could see why he showed a red - although I think he was wrong - but he seems to be influenced by outside factors too much. I'm still livid about the Spurs match because it was a systematic favouring of one team over another.

/stillbitter

Im far from a supporter of spurs but that stoke game recently was an absolute joke.

JacquiOatley Jacqui Oatley

Dermot Gallagher seemed to be suggesting that refs are now scared of "doing a Walton" and missing a bad one (Lampard) so showing a red to be safe!

5 minutes ago

That's a great way to ref, like :lol:

Guest neesy111

JacquiOatley Jacqui Oatley

Dermot Gallagher seemed to be suggesting that refs are now scared of "doing a Walton" and missing a bad one (Lampard) so showing a red to be safe!

5 minutes ago

That's a great way to ref, like :lol:

That's a absolutely dreadful way to make a decision.

I thought it was a blatant red card.

Aye, similar challenge to the one by De Jong that broke Ben Arfa's leg - off the ground, two footed, scissor motion.  Straight red.

:thup: Yes, had to explain it to the bairn earlier how horrible it is getting hit with one of them. Couldn't find a reason how the de Jong one wasn't even a free kick like, just had to say the ref didn't see it (cos he brought it up). Hate lying to cover up for idiots, but kids need answers and rules.

The fact that he managed to get the ball and didn't get the man isn't the point at issue. (though I think if Nani hadn't jumped out of the way, he would have got him) He jumped into the tackle with two feet - that's considered dangerous and it's a red.

The fact that he managed to get the ball and didn't get the man isn't the point at issue. (though I think if Nani hadn't jumped out of the way, he would have got him) He jumped into the tackle with two feet - that's considered dangerous and it's a red.

There was nothing about the tackle that was dangerous. These things should be judged on the merit of each individual incident, not a series of tickboxes about two feet, off the ground, from behind - the rules don't say anything about any of those things. The rules only say that a red card can be given for "serious foul play". Kompany's tackle could, in no way, be considered to fit that description imo.

His trailing leg was never in a position to cause serious harm to Nani, therefore it was not a proper 'two footed challenge' and therefore not a red. Or a yellow. Or a foul.

His trailing leg was never in a position to cause serious harm to Nani, therefore it was not a proper 'two footed challenge' and therefore not a red. Or a yellow. Or a foul.

:thup: watched the replay , it was a well timed tackle

If they appeal, it will not be rescinded, unlike Rodwell's.

I've lost count of the number of times refs have explained this. It's the style and technique of the tackle that's key, not the end product. He jumped into the tackle with both feet, studs first. The fact that Nani jumped out of the way and only one foot got the ball is not the point.

And incidentally, his other leg wasn't 'trailing', it was parallel.

To stick up for the ref in this one...I know I'm in a fairly small minority but I have no problem with that being a red. Once both the feet are in the air and facing forwards you have utterly no control over what you're doing and could cause a huge amount of damage, particularly with someone running full pelt at you. It was reckless and dangerous and as far as I'm concerned he shouldn't be winning any appeal.

I must admit I'm in an almost uniquely sensitive state about challenges that have the potential to break a leg at the moment mind :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest neesy111

Pisses me off that he actually got that decision right. He has been wrong on absolutely everything today but manages to get the second penalty right.

Fucking idiot.

Wrong.

Johnson kicks the ball 10 yards to the right and then dives into Krul.  Clear Dive by one of the worst culprits.