Match tickets

Crumpy Gunt

I will be cancelling mine. Had it since the 03/04 season, got about 95 loyalty points but I give up. As much as I love football, going to the home matches just doesn't feel as good/enjoyable now.

Plus I'm skint every month so could do with the extra money in my bank.

Can you pay outright for your ST rather than have it via DD? Currently on DD but would prefer to pay up front if possible.

Yes, I pay for mine currently in one lump sum. Probably change it if I keep it on next season though.

Cancelled mine this time last year. Just pick and choose my games now. I'm going to the Man City match and the Derby (providing I can get a ticket) and that'll probably be my lot for this season as we have absolutely nowt to play for and £30+ is too expensive to watch football with very little riding on it other than Premier League prize money.

Cancelled mine this time last year. Just pick and choose my games now. I'm going to the Man City match and the Derby (providing I can get a ticket) and that'll probably be my lot for this season as we have absolutely nowt to play for and £30+ is too expensive to watch football with very little riding on it other than Premier League prize money.

Very sensible approach.

The more NUFC put into a season, the more they should get in return. Be nice if everyone adopted this approach and they 'had' to perform to achieve decent gate reciepts.

Guest TurboTrev

Cancelled mine this time last year after 30 years and it was one of the hardest decisions of my life.  I'd started to think about it 2 years earlier and it caused me a lot of sleepless nights and stress.  Reasons for cancelling included Ashley, Pardew and a family bereavement.

I still listen to or watch every game from the comfort of my armchair, however, I can honestly say that, so far and very surprisingly, I haven't regretted cancelling it once.

Keep. Probably.

If I didn't go to the football I'd just end up sitting at home wishing I was at the football. Plus it's a good excuse to gan on the hoy.

Basically me. I'd have nowt to do if I didn't go to the matches.

Didn't renew mine for this season. I'd still like to have one but with the cost of travel and the time away from home I just wasn't getting enough enjoyment out if it. If I lived in Newcastle then I'd more than likely have one though.

The only thing stopping me is the fact my ticket is cheaper as l'm on the 10 year deal and if I gave it up I'd have to pay quite a bit more to get one back.

Saying that we had a little girl last summer so I'd get to see her more and at the same time £40-odd a month.

But I would miss it. I know l would.

I only go to half the home games but it costs me approaching £70 a game all in, and that's only having one or two drinks and not having to pay for the petrol to get me to the train station. It'll easily be £600+ a year.

Obviously nobody forces me to spend this money but what's the fucking point? They don't give a fuck, why should I?

I only go to half the home games but it costs me approaching £70 a game all in, and that's only having one or two drinks and not having to pay for the petrol to get me to the train station. It'll easily be £600+ a year.

Obviously nobody forces me to spend this money but what's the f***ing point? They don't give a f***, why should I?

That's why I gave mine up. I'll go back regularly when we have a club to support that has ambition.

Left at 4-0 down against Liverpool and have only been once since - the Arsenal game and that's just because I was off work and bored. Actually don't miss it much.

Keep.

Decided a while back that, unless I couldn't afford it, I would always go.

Not enjoying it at the moment given the negative sh!te Pardew plays but I've seen it much worse and, even though it's meant to be entertaining...well, it's almost like a duty.  :laugh:

It's more than just the game...it's the craic, the beer, me mates, the City and club I love...it's loads of things and I love it! (even though it f.ucks me off at a rate of knots most of the time!  :uglystupid2: )

Obviously nobody forces me to spend this money but what's the f***ing point? They don't give a f***, why should I?

That's why I gave mine up. I'll go back regularly when we have a club to support that has ambition.

Me as well.

Didn't renew mine for this season. I'd still like to have one but with the cost of travel and the time away from home I just wasn't getting enough enjoyment out if it. If I lived in Newcastle then I'd more than likely have one though.

After years of commuting up most for the games I'm not renewing next year. My greatest fear was us getting to a final and not being able to get a ticket, but that clearly wont happen. Bit sick of doing the 3 hour train journey on my own as well both ways normally.  Much funner weekend not bothering, plus im right back into playing football as iv only been to 2 home games this year. Cant justify renewing it at all

My greatest fear was us getting to a final and not being able to get a ticket, but that clearly wont happen.

This. Also the fact i don't enjoy it as much as i used to (Christ. I'm only 20 but it's true! 13 years of this takes it out of you!)

I said in May last year (when it was extremely likely we could get relegated) that this would be my last year. I am 99.99% sure I'll follow this through!