Isaac Hayden: on loan at QPR

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-united-now-looking-seal-11590016

Newcastle United are looking to tie a deal up to sign Arsenal’s versatile squad player Isaac Hayden.

The 21-year-old spent last season on loan at Hull City and is viewed as a player that can bring Sky Bet Championship experience to the table for Newcastle this season.

It remains to be seen whether the deal will be a season-long loan from the Gunners or a permanent move, but Rafa Benitez has moved swiftly to bolster his squad again after the capture of Jesus Gamez from Atletico Madrid.

Hayden can operate at centre-back, right-back or his main position of defensive midfield.

Hayden’s contract with Arsenal runs in summer 2017 and Newcastle have pipped Hull to his signature, with Steve Bruce attempting to sign him last January.

Back then he said: “They weren’t interested in January but it is something that we will prolong and see what happens in the summer.”

But Newcastle look to have pulled off another solid signing with interest now moving back to whether the Magpies can add Blackburn defender Grant Hanley to that list.

United have made contact with Rovers but are yet to come to an agreement for the Scotland international.

Hanley is currently with Blackburn on a pre-season training camp in Austria.

I read this earlier and was quite excited as his preferred position is apparently defensive midfielder, an area where we are going to be chronically short if Tiote leaves. Looks a real athlete as well so might well shunt the ginger Pirlo out of the side in good time.

Went on a Hull forum to see what they thought of him (just searched his name and 'hull city forum')

The only topic I found turned into an argument about Tom Ince within 3 posts

There's a couple of clips from Arsenal pre-season games, where you can't really glean anything besides him looking like a real athlete in the making.

As I said in the other thread, an article from a Hull-based newspaper described him as combative, hard-working and that the fans took to him. Seen a couple of posts in Arsenal forums which said that Wenger rates him. He was linked with QPR and there was a thread about him on one of their forums, with a couple people saying he'd be a good signing. Dunno really, but he's had excellent tutelage at Arsenal and captained their youth teams.

Aye, never seen him play either. Going by Wiki (:lol:) Wenger has described him as strong and good when it comes to concentration. Statistically he had the best passing accuracy of all the centre backs in the Championship. The little i've read he's supposed to be good on the ball as well. Wonder if Rafa sees him at CB or DM. Seems versatile and only 21 years old. Sounds like a good signing that can only get better.

Aye, never seen him play either. Going by Wiki (:lol:) Wenger has described him as strong and good when it comes to concentration. Statistically he had the best passing accuracy of all the centre backs in the Championship. The little i've read he's supposed to be good on the ball as well. Wonder if Rafa sees him at CB or DM. Seems versatile and only 21 years old. Sounds like a good signing that can only get better.

Wenger likes him it seems then and Rafa as well, must have something going for him then.

Wonder if it's a loan or a permanent transfer?.

Wenger likes him it seems then and Rafa as well, must have something going for him then.

Wonder if it's a loan or a permanent transfer?.

He has 12 months left on his Arsenal deal and I don't think he's regarded as a first team prospect so I can see us getting him on a full transfer or loan plus first option.

Arsenal supporting mate reckons he's nowt special mind but I suppose if he was then Wenger wouldn't be flogging him. He'll do as competition/backup for Mbemba, Lascelles and hopefully another senior CB.

DM by all accounts. Although, he's versatile.