LOL at Lolro

Guest elbee909

Guest elbee909

Lawro's predictions

By Mark Lawrenson

BBC Sport football 'expert'

SATURDAY

Chelsea v Newcastle

Chelsea have had many players in action across the globe during the week, but they are a team that seem to get the job done with ease.  They are also up against a team who have been struggling on their travels. Comfortable win. 3-0

FUCK YOU LAWRO!

Liverpool v Fulham

The problem with Fulham is that they have only been picking up their points at home. This weekend they are up against a team who are playing very well.  Liverpool are doing well across the whole of the team - it's not just Steven Gerrard and Fernando Torres producing the goals.  Fulham need to start improving their away form.

Verdict: 2-0

FUCK YOU LAWRO!

Man City v Arsenal

The Gunners have to hit back after their Aston Villa loss, but there's no doubting that Arsene Wenger's side is still a very good one.  Manchester City are looking very vulnerable when they haven't got the ball and Arsenal should be able to control this game.  It's also a big pitch at Eastlands, which will help the visitors.

Verdict: 1-2

FUCK YOU LAWRO!

Middlesbrough v Bolton

This is a home win for Boro. Like Everton, they are unbeaten in five games, have great competition for places and are still improving.  Bolton's two good wins were followed last week by a defeat to Liverpool and I am a little bit worried about where their goals are coming from.  As long as Boro can deal with the physicalities of Bolton I think they will sneak it.

Verdict: 2-1

FUCK YOU LAWRO!

Portsmouth v Hull

Hull have struggled recently - they haven't won a league game for nearly a month - but they had a real go against Manchester City last week.  I like all the positive changes Phil Brown makes during a game though, which are designed to win games.  Portsmouth are slowly but surely getting back on track with Tony Adams in charge. Portsmouth is a really tough place to go and I think they will get the points.

Verdict: 1-0

FUCK YOU LAWRO!

Stoke v West Brom

Both teams will be hugely aware that a win will feel like six points because of their lowly position in the table.  The general problem for West Brom is not being able to stop their opponents. I think it will be a draw and that will be frustrating for both teams.

Verdict: 1-1

GUESS WHAT LAWRO?  FUCK YOU!

So yeah, so far, he's on a roll.  But wait!

Aston Villa v Man Utd

Aston Villa haven't got a great record against United. As good as their result was last week beating Arsenal, I still fancy United.

And there's also the fact that one or two members of United were getting a rest during the week of international duty.

Verdict: 0-2

[move]FUCK YOU TO HELL MARK LAWRENSON! AAAARGH!

[/move]

Guest The Libertine

i wouldnt have said much different score-wise, but then again im not being paid shit loads to have an opinion like he is so  :iamatwat:

i wouldnt have said much different score-wise, but then again im not being paid shit loads to have an opinion like he is so  :iamatwat:

And then again, Lawro isn't paid to give accurate predictions, just to spout some shite that may spark discussion. If his predictions were much more accurate than random guessing, he wouldn't be doing such a brilliant job.

I'm in an I Know The Score prediction league and one of my mates set up a "lawro" account and puts his predictions in every week (banker always on Liverpool if he thinks they'll win, safety on Liverpool if not)

He's actually 3rd in out league of 12 at the moment (though some people seem to have lost interest and stopped doing it).  I'm comfortably above him though with 690 points to his 440.  His predictions this week have landed him -70 points so far :lol:

Middlesbrough v Newcastle 

Newcastle got a wonderful draw at Chelsea last week, while losing at home to Bolton was a major blow for Middlesbrough.

But the formation that Newcastle played last week was something like 1-10-0 and, although it worked because it got them a point at Stamford Bridge, I am not even sure whether they had a shot in anger on goal.

They will have to change that approach at Boro and before the match against Chelsea their form on the road was iffy at best - they have not won away in the league yet.

Boro's defeat last time out means it could be quite a nervy game for both sides but I think they will both get a point out of this one.

Middlesbrough v Newcastle 

Newcastle got a wonderful draw at Chelsea last week, while losing at home to Bolton was a major blow for Middlesbrough.

But the formation that Newcastle played last week was something like 1-10-0 and, although it worked because it got them a point at Stamford Bridge, I am not even sure whether they had a shot in anger on goal.

They will have to change that approach at Boro and before the match against Chelsea their form on the road was iffy at best - they have not won away in the league yet.

Boro's defeat last time out means it could be quite a nervy game for both sides but I think they will both get a point out of this one.

1-10-0...

So we played with no goalkeeper, one defender and ten midfielders? Thick t***.