Football Leaks

David Edgar

It's just the thought that for merely clapping the fans, a tit like Neymar gets paid the sort of money millions and millions of people work a lifetime for in order to buy a house.

It's not necessarily a dig at Neymar, it's just a dig at life! ('Life is a beauty' is my saying! :yao:)

A lot of these people have completely lost touch with reality money wise. Neymar gets an extra 80k a week just for applauding fans that pay to watch him and Floyd Mayweather pays 18M for a watch......Absolute madness

Neymar gets paid £4.2 Million a year extra if he claps the fans after the game.

Is that entirely true? It could be that he loses 80k if he doesn't applaud.

It's how it's reported in Football Leaks. It's a bonus he gets for applauding fans.

• 3 months later...

Talk about them being banned from the champions league, suspect they'll get everything short of that cos can't have one of their big brands missing out

Are Man City a big brand? They're just plastic and nobody cares about them

Talk about them being banned from the champions league, suspect they'll get everything short of that cos can't have one of their big brands missing out

maybe, maybe not what will terrify uefa is getting dragged into a real court and potentially their ffp rules getting declared illegal so I'd be willing to bet on a fine and harsh telling off

Wider world I would imagine so.

I find the stick Man City and their fans get from our fans odd, tbh. Before their takeover and Robinho I always considered them a similar sort of club to us.

We rarely sold out our Champions League games from what I remember yetvthis seems a stick that people seem to beat these up about. Naturally when you become more successful and accustomed to the CL or Wembley finals etc, some of the magic will wane. It’s hardly a rich part of the country and costs will come into play.

If Newcastle ever became successful long term it’d likely be due to a City or Chelsea style takeover and crazy spending. I’d be surprised if crowds etc would be too dissimilar. Only difference is we’d likeky still sell out all league tickets.

I find the stick Man City and their fans get from our fans odd, tbh. Before their takeover and Robinho I always considered them a similar sort of club to us.

We rarely sold out our Champions League games from what I remember yetvthis seems a stick that people seem to beat these up about. Naturally when you become more successful and accustomed to the CL or Wembley finals etc, some of the magic will wane. It’s hardly a rich part of the country and costs will come into play.

If Newcastle ever became successful long term it’d likely be due to a City or Chelsea style takeover and crazy spending. I’d be surprised if crowds etc would be too dissimilar. Only difference is we’d likeky still sell out all league tickets.

I just hate them cos they’re a propaganda tool for murderers and slave drivers tbf

From what I remember Champions League games were sold out the first season 97/98 before the ground expansion. Second time around 02/03 when the ground was 52,000 there were empty seats. Midweek games very rarely sell out it seems, regardless of competition or opposition. There's logical explanations for that I guess.

The surprise with Man City for me is the empty seats at their weekend Premier League games, that's whether they are set to win the league or the reigning champions. Not sure why they felt they had to up their capacity a few years ago.

From what I remember Champions League games were sold out the first season 97/98 before the ground expansion. Second time around 02/03 when the ground was 52,000 there were empty seats. Midweek games very rarely sell out it seems, regardless of competition or opposition. There's logical explanations for that I guess.

The surprise with Man City for me is the empty seats at their weekend Premier League games, that's whether they are set to win the league or the reigning champions. Not sure why they felt they had to up their capacity a few years ago.

Penis waving probably, a max capacity figure is something else to crow about and if rivals are increasing then they will too

If you speak to Man City fans from before they got rich then they are often honest that their supporter base is somewhere between to 30k-40k mark. The owners will have upped the capacity in the anticipation that Man Utd will continue to stagnate and they can become the most successful club in the North, and then the kids in Manchester and glory hunters will jump on board.

• 2 months later...