Ayozé Pérez (now playing for Real Betis)

ponsaelius

I think his purple patch at the back end of last season has distorted our view of his true ability. If we were a normal club that invests wisely, I'd have said take the 30M and run. I think he's too limited for a team pushing on the top 6.

I dunno, it wasn't a purple patch in the way a limited striker might go on a hot streak where everything they hit goes in the net (a la Cisse 2012): the fact is, he plays well when he's got better players around him and he's not being expected to do everything himself.

Last season his all-round game was very impressive and he worked well alongside two other attackers (who each had a different role to his), therefore cumulatively creating an effective unit. Rodgers needs to harness his attributes for the benefit of the other attackers in the same way Rafa did; that doesn't mean chucking him on the wing, it's putting him through the middle to cause problems and create space for Vardy. They're just about an ideal pair, imo.

Unrelated but just looked up Vardy's record; 84 in his last 167 games for Leicester. The bloke's had a fucking brilliant last few years. Bit of a shame for him that Kane exists; he's only got 2 competitive goals for England.

Unrelated but just looked up Vardy's record; 84 in his last 167 games for Leicester. The bloke's had a fucking brilliant last few years. Bit of a shame for him that Kane exists; he's only got 2 competitive goals for England.

Retired from england

Rogers used a very effective 4-3-1-2 at Liverpool for a while with Sturridge and Suarez up top and Coutinho behind them.

Thought he might have bought Perez for a similar setup with Maddison behind Vardy and Perez.

Think that would have been really interesting. Seems he has ended up in wider areas though, in some sort of 4-3-2-1 setup that hasn't quite worked.

Think Perez is fantastic, but in very limited setups. Not a very versatile player at all. I think that 3-4-2-1 was amazing for him, especially with a hard working and physical front man to play off of in Rondon.

Won't be surprised if it ends up quite badly for him at Leicester. He very much has to be in the right setup for him.

He's a good player, the quality of his goals should tell you that much. I think he worked much better off a target man, can imagine he's struggled a bit playing for Leicester as everything is geared towards Vardy on the counter.

Wait til January. He will ressurect again. Although, he's hardly been helped playing wide or deep. He thrived picking the scraps of target men and arriving later in the box. Madison is in his way for that role.. might not get time and end up iheneacho(sp) II

I'd imagine Rodgers will eventually resort to the 4-3-1-2 tbh, especially now they've bought Praet.

Ndidi, Tielemans, Praet

Maddison

Vardy, Perez

Width coming from the extremely attacking full-back Pereira. Wow, what a team :(

Chilwell on the other side too. Nauseating.

• 3 months later...