Ayozé Pérez (now playing for Real Betis)

ponsaelius

Guest Yerdas El Savon

He should celebrate as normal, as should every footballer when they score against their former clubs.

It's a massive step up in terms of ambition.  I think any of our players would jump at the chance to move to a Leicester type club over stagnating up here with Steve Bruce.

Looking forward to seeing Perez' celebration against us.

It's hard for me to see Leicester as a big club, but the sad thing is I can't really argue with him calling them more ambitious. Before Mike Ashley I would have considered them a step down.

Pretty sure Leicester were in Championship or even League One for a season back then. We were much bigger. They've completely gone past us now though. An actually ambitious club vs Sports Direct United. No comparison.

It's a massive step up in terms of ambition.  I think any of our players would jump at the chance to move to a Leicester type club over stagnating up here with Steve Bruce.

It's hard for me to see Leicester as a big club, but the sad thing is I can't really argue with him calling them more ambitious. Before Mike Ashley I would have considered them a step down.

Pretty sure Leicester were in Championship or even League One for a season back then. We were much bigger. They've completely gone past us now though. An actually ambitious club vs Sports Direct United. No comparison.

You can say the same about Everton and West Ham as well, probably Wolves within a few months. But hey....Stevie Bruce's black n white army!

You can say the same about Everton and West Ham as well, probably Wolves within a few months. But hey....Stevie Bruce's black n white army!

Wolves already surely.

Then there are the Spurs comparisons from a decade ago when Mike first sunk his blubbery tentacles into the club.

:suicide:

They're clearly aiming to crack a potentially soft top six spot in next season's league, or even the top four. And for the meaningful part of Ayoze's remaining career, that will continue to be the case.

We aim for 17th, and sometimes we surpass that.

They are also fairly recently champions, somewhat more recently than our 1927 success. Maybe we looked down on them in the 90s, and when Ashley took over. At that point, when we stopped trying, every club that tries becomes a bigger club really. A bigger sporting enterprise, at least.

Guest Howaythetoon

NUFC are a small club under Ashley, Leciester and the like are much bigger. The only claim to being a big club NUFC has is size of crowds and that doesn’t mean jack shit even more in today’s game. Perez will do well at Leicester and if he over excels he’ll get an even bigger move before finishing his latter career back home in Mexico for one of their top teams. Good luck to him I say. Great signing for them, massive loss for NUFC! Mind it’s all relative without Rafa...

• 1 month later...

Do we know if any effort was made to keep him? A new deal with a higher wage? 20k a week for our top scorer two years running is a joke, and no attempt to even keep him, letting Rondon drift away, etc., what a regime we have.

Guest neesy111

Do we know if any effort was made to keep him? A new deal with a higher wage? 20k a week for our top scorer two years running is a joke, and no attempt to even keep him, letting Rondon drift away, etc., what a regime we have.

Apparently he told the club last year he was going to see out his contract, they probably knew after Rafa left he would stay at all.

Appears that he's been operating mostly from the wing, which is a complete waste of time. There'll always be a debate about whether or not he's better as a number 9 or 10, but he's unquestionably a central player.