Roeder PLEASED with performance

Guest smoggeordie

Guest smoggeordie

Glenn Roeder feels he could not have asked for any more from his Newcastle United players in the 0-0 home draw with Charlton Athletic.

The Magpies were booed off at St James' Park after a sixth successive game without a win in The Premiership.

Though Newcastle dominated the encounter, the hosts were unable to break down a dogged Charlton back-line.

Roeder tried to remain upbeat after the game and was pleased with the application from his players.

The Newcastle chief felt the only disappointment was failing to score in a game which leaves the club 16th in the table.

"I'm only frustrated because we haven't scored," Roeder told PremPlus.

"Don't take anything away from the performance or the effort the boys put in there.

"We're only disappointed because we haven't scored a goal from the host of opportunities we've had.

"People can spin it how they want, they can write what they want.

"I told the players they couldn't have given themselves, or the staff, or the football club any more effort at all.

"I was really pleased with them."

Link

Depends whether that's what he really thinks or just what he's saying to the press. If he really thinks that, we're in trouble, if he's just saying it, we're probably still in trouble, but at least he knows it.

Depends whether that's what he really thinks or just what he's saying to the press. If he really thinks that, we're in trouble, if he's just saying it, we're probably still in trouble, but at least he knows it.

He shouldnt be saying that to the press full stop, whether he means it or not. ridiculous

Whilst he can't come out and slate the lads who he's got to work with, some of the comments in that little statement are fucking staggering. We were allowed time and space due to Charlton's lack of ambition in the first half. Second half they grew in confidence and changed the system and could quite easily have won it. How he can be pleased with that is beyond belief.

Fucking Charlton ffs.... :roll:

Guest Kenton Magpie

TOOTHLESS! In fact we were lucky to escape with a draw and dont give me bollocks about how we played the better of the two teams in the first half!

He shouldnt be saying that to the press full stop, whether he means it or not. ridiculous

Yeah, ok.

Anyway, I'm off out to see De La Soul, hopefully that'll cheer me up.  :celb2:

Guest mosefish

I’m happy with the performance, but performances alone don’t win you many points. You’d expect us to play well against a team containing Amdy Faye.

i guess we'll be seeing dis next week

"i'm pleased with our performance today.we r in control of the game for most of the time n created a whole lots more

chances , 2 bad we didnt score a goal , we're just merely unluck 2 lose 4-0 to shef utd today. "

"I told the players they couldn't have given themselves, or the staff, or the football club any more effort at all.

"I was really pleased with them."Roeder told PremPlus

"i'm pleased with our performance today.we r in control of the game for most of the time n created a whole lots more

chances , 2 bad we didnt score a goal , we're just merely unluck 2 lose 4-0 to shef utd today. "

What!?!

What!?!

Hang on I'll get the translator out....

I guess we'll be seeing this next week

"I'm pleased with our performance today. We were in control of the game for the most parts and created alot more chances than them.

"It was dissapointing that we didnt score a goal , we were just merely unlucky to lose 4-0 to Sheffield today.

"I told the players that they couldn't have given themselves, or the staff, or the football club any more effort than what they did.

"I was really pleased with them." Roeder told PremPlus

;)

What!?!

"I'm pleased with our performance today. We were in control of the game for the most parts and created alot more chances than them.

"It was dissapointing that we didnt score a goal , we were just merely unlucky to lose 4-0 to Sheffield today.

"I told the players that they couldn't have given themselves, or the staff, or the football club any more effort than what they did.

;)

Thanks Jonny, I only speak English, a bit of French and the odd word of German and Spanish, so I didn't have a scooby what that geezer was on about. What language was it?

I'll probobly get bashed fopr this, but I agree with Roeder.

Our performance was very pleasing, we played well, looked reasonably solid at the back. The only thing that let us down was the finishing and to tell the truth on another day with some fit strikers we could have put 3 or 4 past Charlton with that performance.

What!?!

;)

Thanks Jonny, I only speak English, a bit of French and the odd word of German and Spanish, so I didn't have a scooby what that geezer was on about. What language was it?

The language of the charvonians I believe, may be mistaken.

What!?!

;)

The language of the charvonians I believe, may be mistaken.

Aha, I've heard of them, but I didn't think they'd developed language yet?

Guest elbee909

Yeah, ok.

Anyway, I'm off out to see De La Soul, hopefully that'll cheer me up.  :celb2:

Well, Me, Myself and I ain't with the daisies

Cos I ain't no goddamn flower

And anyone who is, gets covered in a golden shower.