Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

TalkSport discussing the take over at some point 10-1pm for those interested. Simon Jordan and a stand in for Jim White.

Look forward to reading the transcripts of that Geordie baiting session.

I think you’ll find Simon Jordan will be very much on our side. Balanced no doubt but he’s no fan of the EPL.

I always thought he loved to rile our fans up. Am I getting him mixed up with someone else? Is Steve Parish a prick about us?

Jordan has definitely tried to wind us up before in things he's said. However from what I've heard him say about the takeover he's really stuck up for us and been on our side and slated the PL.

TalkSport discussing the take over at some point 10-1pm for those interested. Simon Jordan and a stand in for Jim White.

Look forward to reading the transcripts of that Geordie baiting session.

I think you’ll find Simon Jordan will be very much on our side. Balanced no doubt but he’s no fan of the EPL.

I always thought he loved to rile our fans up. Am I getting him mixed up with someone else? Is Steve Parish a prick about us?

He's Ashley's mate. When we were giving him stick we were deluded geordie idiots, now Ashley wants to sell the club he will say we have been treated diagracefully by the PL and deserved better.

To be taken with a shovel of salt at all times.

I’ve never listened to Wraith before, he’s really not very good. He’s just been defending the Saudi state, number 1 rule should be to avoid doing that.

Aye that wasn’t great like

These journalists are basically just ordinary blokes, they don't seem to have any more insight or ability to speak than anyone else. The ecosystem is them interviewing each other, retweeting each other and commenting on each other's stories. It keeps itself going with very little in terms of information or insight from the outside.

Wraith is an awful spokesperson for the fans. Someone needs to be out there calling out the league for accepting money from all kinds of dreadful places and then turning round and saying us being taken over is beyond the pale. The league should be taken to task for doing nothing to encourage proper fan ownership of clubs, of doing nothing to discourage owners like mike ashley treating fans like cash machines and lastly taken to task for refusing to even take a stand on any principles and instead just delaying the decision endlessly. As I have said before, why don't (or indeed didn't months ago) the league say the piracy is too big an issue, reject the takeover but say come back in a year and we'll have a look and see if your house is in order then, if the piracy is a categorical fail on the test. Of course would be awful for us, and they may not come back in a year but at least the league would have actually put something on the record that made some sense rather than dodging any and all decisions.

Guest neesy111

Wraith is there for his own self promotion, that's about it.

Of course.  He is a fan, but will support anything that ensures he can promote himself.

Wraith is there for his own self promotion, that's about it.

Got him on LinkedIn. Yes he may be shameless self promoting cock, but away from NUFC he's actually very good at what he does, even if it is just a Sayers book every 6 months.

I’ve never listened to Wraith before, he’s really not very good. He’s just been defending the Saudi state, number 1 rule should be to avoid doing that.

Surprised a man of the cloth would stick up for such a regime, particularly one that is a different faith to his own.