Toon Army: North America

Guest toonarmymia

Guest toonarmymia

I'm starting a thread about NUFC fans in the USA for 2 reasons:

1. For NUFC fans in USA to connect and meetup for games

2. For anyone coming to visit from the UK and want to catch with NUFC fans in USA

In New York we started the Toon Army NYC years ago and have a good crowd and regular visitors.  Website is www.toonarmynyc.com and we watch the games in Legends bar (not Nevada Smiths anymore)

In Miami (where I am now), we've started a group and meet in Fados in Brickell (downtown). On twitter I'm @toonarmymia if anyone wants to get in touch

If you're in the USA post your location etc in this thread or if you're planning to visit, we can probably hook you up with a group of Mags in most cities in the USA

I'm in Atlanta, if I'm not watching it at home -

1) Fados in Buckhead

2) Brewhouse in Little Five

Both tend to show us if we're on at all.

Never seen any other black and white out on matchday though, except seeing someone wearing Shearer 9 at Lenox Mall after a game once.  He stopped in the Ed Hardy store and never came out so  :dontknow:

Guest toonarmymia

Wish we had a Fados in Orlando.  Caught a match at one in DC once and it was great.

Remember a couple of bars in downtown disney that had good crowds for games when visiting.

Fados in Miami is great. You should make the trip down from Orlando

Guest toonarmymia

Love how the Toon Army has spread all the way over the pond to the USA.

There is quite a few Yanky toon fans actually. :)

I'm coming across more and more and the Premier League is becoming more popular.

Always lots of plastic, glory supporters for the "big four", but the yankee NUFC fans always seem to know their stuff

Love how the Toon Army has spread all the way over the pond to the USA.

There is quite a few Yanky toon fans actually. :)

I'm coming across more and more and the Premier League is becoming more popular.

Always lots of plastic, glory supporters for the "big four", but the yankee NUFC fans always seem to know their stuff

There is plenty of the plastic fans over here toonarmymia. My cousin being one of them. He used to support Newcastle (got loads of pics of him in Newcastle shirts and he's been to many a match with me) but then when we started doing shite, he started supporting Liverpool and claimed he'd "always supported" them.

Guest toonarmymia

Starting a Miami website for the Toon Army soon, my new avatar is the logo I designed.

Any Mags in Florida let me know where you are / places to watch, as I'll add a Florida page too

In northern New Jersey. Been meaning to check out a game with the Toon Army NYC, but it hasn't happened yet.

Occasionally go to Mulligan's in Hoboken to watch games, but most of the time it's easier to just stay home. It's hard enough getting up for an early weekend kickoff without adding travel time.

My ex's family used to live in a place called Jupiter; I was on hols there

when Tino did Barca, anyway I was sulking and made my way to the house & stuck the tv on in the vain hope that the match was on. There I as I sat in almost disbelief was the unmistakeable sight of an aerial shot of SJP. Unfuckingbelievable.

There was a bar in Boca which used to show the games.

Happy Days.

Guest toonarmymia

In northern New Jersey. Been meaning to check out a game with the Toon Army NYC, but it hasn't happened yet.

Occasionally go to Mulligan's in Hoboken to watch games, but most of the time it's easier to just stay home. It's hard enough getting up for an early weekend kickoff without adding travel time.

Toon Army NYC are great bunch of lads (was one of them till moving to Miami)- meet in Legends now on 33rd street, so easier i coming on PATH train from NJ. Quite a few of them often watch in NJ - should connect on forum at least on www.toonarmynyc.com

Toon Army NYC are great bunch of lads (was one of them till moving to Miami)- meet in Legends now on 33rd street, so easier i coming on PATH train from NJ. Quite a few of them often watch in NJ - should connect on forum at least on www.toonarmynyc.com

Thank god you don't meet at Nevada Smiths like the Barça supporters. Absolutely loathed that plastic coven. I went to watch some WC games at legends and found it a decent place.

Guest toonarmymia

Thank god you don't meet at Nevada Smiths like the Barça supporters. Absolutely loathed that plastic coven. I went to watch some WC games at legends and found it a decent place.

we were in Nevadas for many years until the owners acted like dicks to the bartenders. They all left and the main one (Jack Keane) is now at Legends where we moved too

Nevadas was fun, but when the "big teams" played it was full of plastic no-noise fans. the barca fans were 2nd to Man U fans on the hatred in their

Barça "fans" at Nevada were insufferable, ended up going to a Spanish place in Astoria, much better atmosphere.

I remember when I first moved to the US and there wasn't nearly a single Barça fan in town that wasn't a Spanish emigrant like me. Cue a treble later and you couldn't get rid of them.