Protests and that

ToonArmy1892

The sad thing about all of this is that even if a takeover happens and everything gets back on track, I'm still going to be left feeling utter contempt for a large portion of our fanbase. The damage done by Ashley is immense, really, it goes far beyond what it ever should.

Guest firetotheworks

The sad thing about all of this is that even if a takeover happens and everything gets back on track, I'm still going to be left feeling utter contempt for a large portion of our fanbase. The damage done by Ashley is immense, really, it goes far beyond what it ever should.

Aye, I'm not sure we can properly unite once the day actually comes. Pure overjoyed and hugging people that have spat at and started on you for trying to make that day come earlier. I don't think people realise exactly how bad it gets as well. I'm still constantly surprised by it.

The Bouycott must go ahead! Ashley is just  using sn old trick to calm the fans in the short term and then in January won't spend because a new owner is on the cards and his hands are tied bla-bla-bla-bullshit!

People love to criticize everything mind.

Seems perfectly sensible to wait until after the window closes. If the club isn't sold and players aren't bought protests will renew with some vigour and I'm sure more people will be willing to join in.

Yep. Also prevents Ashley from blaming fan negativity should a takeover not materialise. People responding to TMG with vitriol doesn't bode well for the future, mind.

Correct. It was going to be a pathetic attempt at a boycott, calling off is the best approach. Need to strike while the iron is hot with these things and in the end it all petered out.

If another disaster of a window goes by, which it will, form drops and Ashley remains, the appetite will be there again in February.

:thup:

Not calling it in the first place would have been the best option imo. It being called off doesn't look good after its been announced, but it's a good excuse for a face-saving cancellation of it. It's more their integrity that's the worry now because they've essentially pissed off both sides of the boycott debate now. :lol:

Once there's a genuine appetite for it I'm sure it'll be forgotten though.

The Magpie Group needs disbanding now IMO. Their hearts are in the right place but cancelling protests after announcing them means they have lost their credibility. I wouldn't blindly throw my support behind them like I have done in the past.

Guest firetotheworks

Seems perfectly sensible to wait until after the window closes. If the club isn't sold and players aren't bought protests will renew with some vigour and I'm sure more people will be willing to join in.

Yep. Also prevents Ashley from blaming fan negativity should a takeover not materialise. People responding to TMG with vitriol doesn't bode well for the future, mind.

Correct. It was going to be a pathetic attempt at a boycott, calling off is the best approach. Need to strike while the iron is hot with these things and in the end it all petered out.

If another disaster of a window goes by, which it will, form drops and Ashley remains, the appetite will be there again in February.

Not calling it in the first place would have been the best option imo. It being called off doesn't look good after its been announced, but it's a good excuse for a face-saving cancellation of it. It's more their integrity that's the worry now because they've essentially pissed off both sides of the boycott debate now. :lol:

The Magpie Group needs disbanding now IMO. Their hearts are in the right place but cancelling protests after announcing them means they have lost their credibility. I wouldn't blindly throw my support behind them like I have done in the past.

Providing we get to February with no sale and no player purchases I think we'll all change our tune tbh.

I was just thinking this last night. For me the damage done is irrepairable and I don't think I'll be able to see the day where I'll be comfortable sitting amongst that set of fans again.

They weren't prepared to fight for their club. They turned on the manager earlier in the season and they frequently turn against certain players but won't say anything against Ashley or Charnley.

They won't walk in 11 minutes into a match because they "want to support the team" yet they'll storm out in a huff after 75 minutes because the team is getting beat.

Obviously I'm not talking about the entire support, but a very large majority and they are people I dont have any desire to spend my spare time or mix with.

:sadnod: Grim.

I was just thinking this last night. For me the damage done is irrepairable and I don't think I'll be able to see the day where I'll be comfortable sitting amongst that set of fans again.

They weren't prepared to fight for their club. They turned on the manager earlier in the season and they frequently turn against certain players but won't say anything against Ashley or Charnley.

They won't walk in 11 minutes into a match because they "want to support the team" yet they'll storm out in a huff after 75 minutes because the team is getting beat.

Obviously I'm not talking about the entire support, but a very large majority and they are people I dont have any desire to spend my spare time or mix with.

This is the thing. I don't feel we can say we have a fantastic fanbase anymore because of the apathy from what appears to be a vast majority of white-feather fans not even entertaining those who are trying to save what they purportedly love. It feels like it's a microcosm of the state of the world at the moment which is even more depressing.

Excluding those who engage with, or even just support, those trying to actually effect change for the better are a huge problem across humanity and it really brings it home when it's your own fellow fans.

At least when he goes, alot of the hardcore fans will return, it will improve the atmosphere.

Hope this is true, I know dozens of people who'd been going their whole lives who've packed in because of him.

I think they were forced into a corner by True Faith, who were clearly driving their own agenda, just like they did with some of the AO protests. That said, I think it was probably the right decision to postpone, but it's very much damned if they do, damned if they don't.

At the end of the day, people can still boycott Wolves, and better still, bin their season tickets......I certainly won't be back at SJP until Ashley has vacated the building.

What worries me is that part of the 'apathy' is more a symptom of the way football is heading rather than Ashley's ownership. Ashley clearly exacerbates this effect but I just wonder whether football hasn't changed too much. 

This wouldn't run at Liverpool or Man United. It says more about us than anything imo.

At least when he goes, alot of the hardcore fans will return, it will improve the atmosphere.

Hope this is true, I know dozens of people who'd been going their whole lives who've packed in because of him.

Where will they sit? The ground is virtually full as it is. People have been walking away for years and been replaced by others who are not going to give up their seats now. Those who think the ground is big enough as it is will get a wake up call once Ashley goes.

Where will they sit? The ground is virtually full as it is. People have been walking away for years and been replaced by others who are not going to give up their seats now. Those who think the ground is big enough as it is will get a wake up call once Ashley goes.

Well, if you are a member you can sit anywhere you want really.

Whether a new owner would scrap the membership system i don't know.

Because those are two clubs that always have been rich enough to compete. Manchester United seem to be embracing a new perspective about where they should be.

Man united still spend a lot of money. Moreso than they used too.

Both of those fans played a big part in removing owners in the past. Likewise the Rangers fans would run Ashley out