Alan Shearer

Weznufc

If he wanted to be a manager he'd be one now, or at least would've had a decent stab at it at some point in the last 8 years.

Saying that, Keegan stayed away from it for years before he came back too so fingers crossed.

my opinion too, he's not even had a proper coaching job has he? (not counting the one here obviously)

His choice of Ian dowie as first team coach concerned me

It was a temporary appointment that he needed to make quickly, plus wasn't it off the back of Dowie actually doing alright with Palace getting them promoted?

Of course it panned out that Dowie was a bit :dowie:, but in the cicumstances I'd hardly say it was worthy of great concern.

Think he'd have had a proper stab at management by now if he hadn't walked straight off the pitch and onto the MotD sofa. As it stands, can't seem him taking on anything else other than a job here, which isn't going to happen any time soon.

As for Dowie, thought it seemed like a decent appointment at the time, someone with experience of that situation to come in and do a temporary job assisting him.

Guest neesy111

His choice of Ian dowie as first team coach concerned me

It was a temporary appointment that he needed to make quickly, plus wasn't it off the back of Dowie actually doing alright with Palace getting them promoted?

Of course it panned out that Dowie was a bit :dowie:, but in the cicumstances I'd hardly say it was worthy of great concern.

Dowie had been sacked from Charlton, a few years before.  Also had spells at Coventry and QPR which he was also sacked.

Guest firetotheworks

Shearer rated Souness and Dalglish (while he was with us) btw. I'd still take him over fuck lips of course.

Souness took us and Liverpool back years. His record at top level (and no, Turkey and Scotland doesn't constitute top level) is awful.

His  best achievement was keeping a shocking Southampton squad up.

Dalglish though has won many trophies as a manager so you have to say he's had a good career.

Guest firetotheworks

Hahahahahahaha. Good one.

Very objective of you.

I honestly thought you were joking. Souness was an abject failure everywhere that he went to, or at least everywhere that counts. Dalglish's managerial success ended in 1995, after which he wasn't a very good manager. The point I was making is that Shearer has been managed by a fair few managers and he rates Souness and Dalglish. You're allowed to love a player whilst at the same time thinking he'd make a shit manager y'know?

Very objective of you.

I honestly thought you were joking. Souness was an abject failure everywhere that he went to, or at least everywhere that counts. Dalglish's managerial success ended in 1995, after which he wasn't a very good manager. The point I was making is that Shearer has been managed by a fair few managers and he rates Souness and Dalglish. You're allowed to love a player whilst at the same time thinking he'd make a shit manager y'know?

Every where that counts? Stop talking out of your fart hole.

Guest firetotheworks

Very objective of you.

I honestly thought you were joking. Souness was an abject failure everywhere that he went to, or at least everywhere that counts. Dalglish's managerial success ended in 1995, after which he wasn't a very good manager. The point I was making is that Shearer has been managed by a fair few managers and he rates Souness and Dalglish. You're allowed to love a player whilst at the same time thinking he'd make a s*** manager y'know?

Every where that counts? Stop talking out of your fart hole.

....That's eh...disgusting, but yeah, Souness was a comprehensive failure 'everywhere that counts' ie not Rangers.

Although he was great as a player, the man is as thick as pig shiiite! Why the hell would we employ another imbecil who cannot see further than his own nose???

I want somebody with intelligence, with his own football philosophy and the balls to carry it through, although this is virtually impossible with a fat cnut like Mickey holding the reigns.

P.S. His commentary on MOTD is bland, insipid and sleep provoking! What a complete tw*at he is...

I wouldn't want Shearer anywhere near the Managers job to be honest, he's a highly paid pundit paid to analyse the Premier league and yet can't name half the players in the Premier league :lol:. Imagine Shearer scouting and analysing foreign talent.  He'd get destroyed tactically by any half decent manager and his ego and past bust ups suggest his man management skills will be akin to Roy Keane.

He's is one of if not the best players to ever play for us but I don't think he's made for the management business and I think he knows that deep down.