Newcastle United 0 - 1 Arsenal - 11/08/19 - post-match reaction from page 18

BlueStar

You know, I think I'm really beginning to get a better idea and understanding of why the boycott attempts are not garnering more support. If this is the spirit behind it and how you guys are attempting to convince others to get on board.

Just continuous hateful ranting and raving all the damned time man. For goodness sake.

Seems to me that you are on a bit of a rant and rave right now.

He's not wrong though, QM.  Bruce could have a cup of tea and there'd be 7 pages of vitriol saying he should have had a coffee.  It's just way over the top.

No, he deserves every bit of s*** he gets, he wasn't forced to take the job, and s*** on his former club in the process.

The bloke is a tit aswell as a s*** manager, f*** him.

Thought you didn't care?

Doesn't care but has posted 20 times in the match thread  :rolleyes:

Guys, pushing this argument just makes you look stupid. Obviously nobody has literally no feelings about Newcastle. Some of us have just had to switch off because we can’t take the infinite futility and pain of talking about Newcastle like it’s still a normal football club . Use your heads a bit.

No it doesn't. Several posters have said repeatedly, that they are done with the club, but they post consistently in the match thread, and some are celebrating when we get beat.

Hypocrite central.

It's so clearly manufactured in those guys who come on writing stuff like "glad we lost, howay Norwich next week" etc. Cringey stuff.

Why would I want us to win. I want us to sink until that fat parasite, the thumb and brewce f*** off. 29 years a season ticket holder and I didn't give it up lightly. Lee Charley and "scouting" team wanted Joe Linton and Rafa didn't, Charley said they thought it was in best interest of club. How do they know more than a top manager.

There is only one way to make them leave. Anyone going to the match is part of the problem, I only cancelled this season and maybe should have before but I now want us to become something I can support again and for me that's getting rid of Ashley and the rest and developing the building blocks to help us succeed and not setting a ceiling of just staying up.

I think you're right and I'm with you on this, but can one not want us to win in the hope we get sold eventually (i know if do win it means that won't happen). People just can't connect the means to whatever end, i understand why like.

I know what you are saying, it seems weird and I love this club, never wanted us to sink like the scum (who hilariously look like they will get 3 seasons at that level) but this man needs to leave and I fear that's the only way. I don't have anything against the players and hope they have cracking careers away from here but I want us to sink at moment, it's not about champions League, top of the league or cups for me. It's about the soul ripped from the club in last 12 years.

People went today and couldn't generate an atmosphere. Go back to Robson, Keegan, Keegan second time etc and it was electric, now it's sheep rocking up and just booing if not quite right, they are sheep. My brother in law renewed to support the players ffs

I totally get it, it's a bizarre situation to find oneself in. The one thing we all obviously agree on is Ashley has to go, especially for what you said about the soul being ripped out of the club.

For no reason whatsoever i actually think he'll be gone after this season, no idea why just a dumb feeling.

Forget tactics the goal was down to an individual school boy error.

Not really, how the f*** can you be so open at the back there at 0-0, that's tactics, or lack of.

Because Shar switched of, stayed where he was while the ball played across field to Willems was as weak as the rest of the piss poor lame passing, this easily read by Maitland-Niles leaving the whole back four open. He's bang on about school boy. Schar and the pass were awful, Williams was caught not coming to the pass, but I guess he would have expected more given the wet pitch in terms of zip.

There were no excuses for the passing today, it was abysmal.

Bruce aside.

KaKa[/member] come on man, if you can't see the difference between the beginning of last season where we were solid and well drilled and had a game plan that we stuck to until it became second nature and the results inevitably came in and today's absolute amateur hour then there's no hope for you. I know you like to look for the positives mate but that's really clutching at straws, it's only going to get worse from here don't do it to yourself man :thup:

I genuinely don't care, honestly.

But when people are writing off players as duds 5 mins into their debut, and the likes it is just so bloody stupid.

They're just on here to spew their hate man. Why bother watching then?

This club is so utterly revolting at the minute. Every single thing about it.

I don't think we'll ever see the best of the players we've bought with Bruce in charge, can't really judge them when they've got no clear instruction on tactics or even position it would seem today. Like buying a brand new Ferrari and putting a blind man in the drivers seat.

Just remember that i don't agree with myself when i say this, Bruce like any new manager needs time to shape how he wants his team to play.

Shame it's him mind, but on the outside watching in now, all we can do is watch that happen. Should be fun or not.

Is he the shaping the team though considering most of the signings aren't his though?

Oh i know, he'll just have to mould what he's got, i don't like that policy, not that i would want him spending it either though.

I was just saying, all we can do is watch it all unfold, he needs time, the new players need time. The same as if we had been took over and had a new decent manager, just looking at the reality of the situation, not endorsing it like.

Head coach, he needs to coach brilliance into his players and accept players selected by a chairman with no football experience and scouts that have never played at a decent level or coached, they may see talent but it's just FIFA scouting if they don't understand what works in this league

That happens in a lot of leagues though, it's not something i agree with like.

It can work if you have really good scouts and then pick a talented manager. I don't know any other club which actively looks for washed up cretins to be head coach.

You know, I think I'm really beginning to get a better idea and understanding of why the boycott attempts are not garnering more support. If this is the spirit behind it and how you guys are attempting to convince others to get on board.

Just continuous hateful ranting and raving all the damned time man. For goodness sake.

Seems to me that you are on a bit of a rant and rave right now.

He's not wrong though, QM.  Bruce could have a cup of tea and there'd be 7 pages of vitriol saying he should have had a coffee.  It's just way over the top.

No, he deserves every bit of s*** he gets, he wasn't forced to take the job, and s*** on his former club in the process.

The bloke is a tit aswell as a s*** manager, f*** him.

Thought you didn't care?

Doesn't care but has posted 20 times in the match thread  :rolleyes:

Guys, pushing this argument just makes you look stupid. Obviously nobody has literally no feelings about Newcastle. Some of us have just had to switch off because we can’t take the infinite futility and pain of talking about Newcastle like it’s still a normal football club . Use your heads a bit.

No it doesn't. Several posters have said repeatedly, that they are done with the club, but they post consistently in the match thread, and some are celebrating when we get beat.

Hypocrite central.

It's so clearly manufactured in those guys who come on writing stuff like "glad we lost, howay Norwich next week" etc. Cringey stuff.

Why would I want us to win. I want us to sink until that fat parasite, the thumb and brewce f*** off. 29 years a season ticket holder and I didn't give it up lightly. Lee Charley and "scouting" team wanted Joe Linton and Rafa didn't, Charley said they thought it was in best interest of club. How do they know more than a top manager.

There is only one way to make them leave. Anyone going to the match is part of the problem, I only cancelled this season and maybe should have before but I now want us to become something I can support again and for me that's getting rid of Ashley and the rest and developing the building blocks to help us succeed and not setting a ceiling of just staying up.

I think you're right and I'm with you on this, but can one not want us to win in the hope we get sold eventually (i know if do win it means that won't happen). People just can't connect the means to whatever end, i understand why like.

I know what you are saying, it seems weird and I love this club, never wanted us to sink like the scum (who hilariously look like they will get 3 seasons at that level) but this man needs to leave and I fear that's the only way. I don't have anything against the players and hope they have cracking careers away from here but I want us to sink at moment, it's not about champions League, top of the league or cups for me. It's about the soul ripped from the club in last 12 years.

People went today and couldn't generate an atmosphere. Go back to Robson, Keegan, Keegan second time etc and it was electric, now it's sheep rocking up and just booing if not quite right, they are sheep. My brother in law renewed to support the players ffs

I totally get it, it's a bizarre situation to find oneself in. The one thing we all obviously agree on is Ashley has to go, especially for what you said about the soul being ripped out of the club.

For no reason whatsoever i actually think he'll be gone after this season, no idea why just a dumb feeling.

I hope you are right, doubt I will get a decent seat like I had if it happens, but would be good to look forward to matches again

Just remember that i don't agree with myself when i say this, Bruce like any new manager needs time to shape how he wants his team to play.

Shame it's him mind, but on the outside watching in now, all we can do is watch that happen. Should be fun or not.

Is he the shaping the team though considering most of the signings aren't his though?

Oh i know, he'll just have to mould what he's got, i don't like that policy, not that i would want him spending it either though.

I was just saying, all we can do is watch it all unfold, he needs time, the new players need time. The same as if we had been took over and had a new decent manager, just looking at the reality of the situation, not endorsing it like.

Head coach, he needs to coach brilliance into his players and accept players selected by a chairman with no football experience and scouts that have never played at a decent level or coached, they may see talent but it's just FIFA scouting if they don't understand what works in this league

It can work if you have really good scouts and then pick a talented manager. I don't know any other club which actively looks for washed up cretins to be head coach.

It’s not the system that’s the problem, it’s that the system has nothing to do with building a good team or a successful club. Many clubs have different people involved in signings and coaching, but they do it with at least an eye on becoming a better team.

It’s not the system that’s the problem, it’s that the system has nothing to do with building a good team or a successful club. Many clubs have different people involved in signings and coaching, but they do it with at least an eye on becoming a better team.

Yep.

Not really, how the f*** can you be so open at the back there at 0-0, that's tactics, or lack of.

Because Shar switched of, stayed where he was while the ball played across field to Willems was as weak as the rest of the piss poor lame passing, this easily read by Maitland-Niles leaving the whole back four open. He's bang on about school boy. Schar and the pass were awful, Williams was caught not coming to the pass, but I guess he would have expected more given the wet pitch in terms of zip.

Bruce aside.

Willems could see that the pass was under hit, he half started to go to ball then stopped. He spent the next 5 minutes berating himself. We could just have easily won that game than lost, there’s folk on here celebrating and looking for things to criticise. There were plenty of empty seats, the crowd got behind the team, most got absolutely drenched and we lost not because of tactics. Joelinton looks a prospect, Almiron was fairly poor, ASM needs to be aware of his team mates and as a team we need to shorten the gap between the midfield and attack. Arsenal started very deep today and we pressed up to their 18 yard line, we became tired in the 2nd half and that created a big gap between our front line up to around the half way line . We’ll improve from here.

Bruce aside.

Willems could see that the pass was under hit, he half started to go to ball then stopped. He spent the next 5 minutes berating himself. We could just have easily won that game than lost, there’s folk on here celebrating and looking for things to criticise. There were plenty of empty seats, the crowd got behind the team, most got absolutely drenched and we lost not because of tactics. Joelinton looks a prospect, Almiron was fairly poor, ASM needs to be aware of his team mates and as a team we need to shorten the gap between the midfield and attack. Arsenal started very deep today and we pressed up to their 18 yard line, we became tired in the 2nd half and that created a big gap between our front line up to around the half way line . We’ll improve from here.

Your summery here is exactly how I saw most of it. In regards to Willems you're right he did question weather to go or not there was a moment, but Niles was quicker in his thougt process. The pass was still under hit and awful, the back four being left for dead was because Schar stopped and was thinking he was in a safe place, far from it he was where Manquilo should have been. They got caught and like you said first of all it was school boy.

Agree on Joelinton, Agree on Almiron, although Miggy started well, then it was like his yellow had some effect on him?

ASM should have started for me vs that Arsenal back four,

And the midfield and attack you mention, I noticed and raised in the match day thread in here. Spot on.

Bruce aside.

We absolutely lost because of tactics. We ended the game with 1 central midfielder and 3 left backs on the pitch man :lol:

As soon as he took Shelvey off for Willems we were done.

What makes you think we will improve? Steve Bruce?

That’s just a lazy comment. Bruce can be criticised of a lot of things but he knows what is good or bad defending. Stop hoping the worst of the players; we’ve some decent ones, if they don’t improve as a team then Bruce will get everything he deserves.

That’s just a lazy comment. Bruce can be criticised of a lot of things but he knows what is good or bad defending. Stop hoping the worst of the players; we’ve some decent ones, if they don’t improve as a team then Bruce will get everything he deserves.

Nah your alright.

I'm genuinley curious as to why you think it will improve from here.

Arsenal were shit on paper and on the pitch and yet we manage to look worse for most of the match, in the process allowing them the win without them feeling the need for a second goal.

More of those sort of performances to come, I'm sure. :thup:

That’s just a lazy comment. Bruce can be criticised of a lot of things but he knows what is good or bad defending. Stop hoping the worst of the players; we’ve some decent ones, when they don’t improve as a team then Bruce will get everything he deserves.

It's strange to play with only one central midfielder for over half an hour. It's even more strange to think that the manager that thought this was a good idea, will somehow improve our team over the season.

Nah your alright.

I'm genuinley curious as to why you think it will improve from here.

New players to the PL, first time Bruce has seen them in a proper game. If it doesn’t get better Bruce will be gone be Xmas. The game today was won and lost on individual errors, I wouldn’t have taken Shelvey off for Willems and Christ knows why he came on and positioned himself in an advanced midfield role but that didn’t lose us the goal. It was a shocking goal, simple as that.

We were completely outclassed, and were lucky to not be behind at the break, as both Mkhitaryan and Aubameyanh could have, and probably should have, scored.

Don't know why people are defending Bruce and his tactics, or lack thereof. We created next to nothing and they were the better side pretty much the entire game.

Guest neesy111

We were completely outclassed, and were lucky to not be behind at the break, as both Mkhitaryan and Aubameyanh could have, and probably should have, scored.

Don't know why people are defending Bruce and his tactics, or lack thereof. We created next to nothing and they were the better side pretty much the entire game.

I thought we would have huffed and puffed more considering that is going to be Bruce's main strategy.