Newcastle United 0 - 1 Arsenal - 11/08/19 - post-match reaction from page 18

BlueStar

Let’s not forget last season we won 1 game out of 12 against the top 6. There’s not a lot to suggest the superior tactics of Rafa would have got us the win there. I’m willing to be patient with the new lads, Joelinton & Almiron will need time to work together, and something has to be worked out between Shelvey & Longstaff, as Longstaff was unrecognisable from last year, whereas Shelvey was integral. So if we’re playing 3, it will need to be organised/defined a bit better.

:lol:

Ah, the old 'nothing the poster said is inherently wrong and I have no points to counter anything said so I'll just insert a smiley'... classic, classic.

Kaka’s usual pretend chirpy post match Wumming doesn’t work anymore when nobody gives a fuck on how the game panned out. You need a new tactic fella.

Not everyone is as miserable about life as you are. I won't apologise for that.

Kaka’s usual pretend chirpy post match Wumming doesn’t work anymore when nobody gives a fuck on how the game panned out. You need a new tactic fella.

:lol: BOOM

We need to just fucking write off this Ritchie as a fullback shit, its painful. It seems to be the only reason we opt for a back 5 so he gets selected.

Just go with the liverpool and man city model of 433.

I'd love to see a front three of Gucci Joelinton and Miggy

Let’s not forget last season we won 1 game out of 12 against the top 6. There’s not a lot to suggest the superior tactics of Rafa would have got us the win there. I’m willing to be patient with the new lads, Joelinton & Almiron will need time to work together, and something has to be worked out between Shelvey & Longstaff, as Longstaff was unrecognisable from last year, whereas Shelvey was integral. So if we’re playing 3, it will need to be organised/defined a bit better.

Ah, the old 'nothing the poster said is inherently wrong and I have no points to counter anything said so I'll just insert a smiley'... classic, classic.

Not a lot to suggest Rafa’s tactics would have got us a win there? Are you on drugs? Remember us beating Man City??

Guest reefatoon

Kaka’s usual pretend chirpy post match Wumming doesn’t work anymore when nobody gives a f*** on how the game panned out. You need a new tactic fella.

The total opposite. I am finding it all absolutely hilarious. Just letting you know your put on chirpy little optimism won’t work when nobody gives a s**** anyway. Just sit back and enjoy it all like the rest of us.

Not a lot to suggest Rafa’s tactics would have got us a win there? Are you on drugs? Remember us beating Man City??

We were beaten 11 times out of 12 against the top 6. It was clearly no formality. We all know Bruce isn't as good as Rafa, but I don't see the point in sharpening the knives because we failed to beat an albeit weakened Arsenal side.

Even if there's nothing to suggest he would have 'got the win', there's plenty to suggest we wouldn't have went down the route Brucey took and basically wipe out any chance we had of getting something :lol: Steve Bruce's first sub in the PL as NUFC manager literally ruined anything we had going in the first half.

A lovely sign of things to come.

Kaka’s usual pretend chirpy post match Wumming doesn’t work anymore when nobody gives a f*** on how the game panned out. You need a new tactic fella.

The total opposite. I am finding it all absolutely hilarious. Just letting you know tour put on chirpy little optimism won’t work when nobody gives a shite anyway. Just sit back and enjoy it all like the rest of us.

For the millionth time ... I am no longer supporting the team.

However, it is ridiculous to have people just chat absolute nonsense about all the players throughout the game in a bid to prove something to themselves. Whatever that is, I have no idea.

If they really felt as strongly and despondent about the club as they claim they wouldn't be watching the games.

The whole thing is tragic.

This club is so utterly revolting at the minute. Every single thing about it.

Yes, yes it is.

:lol: has it just hit him?

It's just hit me how disgusting most of the fans are.

It may very well be that you have the club you deserve.

The total opposite. I am finding it all absolutely hilarious. Just letting you know tour put on chirpy little optimism won’t work when nobody gives a s**** anyway. Just sit back and enjoy it all like the rest of us.

For the millionth time ... I am no longer supporting the team.

However, it is ridiculous to have people just chat absolute nonsense about all the players throughout the game in a bid to prove something to themselves. Whatever that is, I have no idea.

If they really felt as strongly and despondent about the club as they claim they wouldn't be watching the games.

The whole thing is tragic.

when has a match thread ever been any different ? if you think on here is bad you should try twitter during the 90 mins

Guest neesy111

This club is so utterly revolting at the minute. Every single thing about it.

Yes, yes it is.

:lol: has it just hit him?

It's just hit me how disgusting most of the fans are.

It may very well be that you have the club you deserve.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

We were beaten 11 times out of 12 against the top 6. It was clearly no formality. We all know Bruce isn't as good as Rafa, but I don't see the point in sharpening the knives because we failed to beat an albeit weakened Arsenal side.

You thought that Bruce handled this game well then I presume? Happy enough with the shape and general discipline yeah?

Isn't it more that Rafa's setup would have at least given us a chance to gain points? With Bruce, it's absolutely comically predictable.

How can something be predictable when it's not preceded by anything though? After 18 games if the same mistakes that cost us today are happening, then yes, predictable, but after the first game? I'm not sure that makes much sense.

Fwiw there was some promising signs in the first half today in our play and a few players in particular caught the eye. I'll choose to not plummet into abject misery just yet.

I know I compared Joelinton to Rondon earlier, but when you're looking at today's game in isolation, any comparisons to previous people means nowt. Rafa's managerial ability has no bearing on Bruce's peculiar subs today.

You thought that Bruce handled this game well then I presume? Happy enough with the shape and general discipline yeah?

Nope. The shape after 55 minutes was terrible, we lacked any organisation as soon as Shelvey went off. Wasn't great. First half we had some spells where we were the better team however.

Isn't it more that Rafa's setup would have at least given us a chance to gain points? With Bruce, it's absolutely comically predictable.

How can something be predictable when it doesn't precede anything though? After 18 games if the same mistakes that cost us today are happening, then yes, predictable, but after the first game? I'm not sure that makes much sense.

Fwiw there was some promising signs in the first half today in our play and a few players in particular caught the eye. I'll choose to not plummet into abject misery just yet.

You're far too sensible. You're completely wasting your time though. They've been waiting all summer for something to go crazy over. Even though they all claim not to care anymore.

Benitez has always been an exceptional cup manager and he employed almost cup-like tactics with regards which games he really focused on. His record has to be viewed in that context, he was more than happy not to expend too much energy in the games against the better sides, just don't get pasted and focus more on games that were more winnable. Wasn't a particular enjoyable strategy but in hindsight, you can't deny it was effective.