Paul Dummett

Guest palnese

He seems to fit the mould of a perfect Pardew fullback, which unfortunately doesn't mesh well with good football or attacking play. He's good in the air and a good defender, would be a CB at a better side. He averages a shockingly low amount of dribbles per game for a fullback, which says it all.

He's improving with every game, and did a steady job out there tonight.

I think Pardew likes tall full backs, because he doesn't want them to be a soft touch for crosses to the far post. Trouble is that kind of full back isn't quite as nimble and if they're slightly out of position, they don't find it as easy to recover.

But I do think Dummett has more potential than Haidara.

I thought he was outstanding last night, and our motm.

Good point about tall full backs as it was pointed out in commentary that Edin Dzeko doesn't try and compete with the centre halfs for the ball when crossed in but likes to drift wider and attack the full backs instead who are usually smaller and weaker.

He's improving with every game, and did a steady job out there tonight.

I think Pardew likes tall full backs, because he doesn't want them to be a soft touch for crosses to the far post. Trouble is that kind of full back isn't quite as nimble and if they're slightly out of position, they don't find it as easy to recover.

But I do think Dummett has more potential than Haidara.

I thought he was outstanding last night, and our motm.

Good point about tall full backs as it was pointed out in commentary that Edin Dzeko doesn't try and compete with the centre halfs for the ball when crossed in but likes to drift wider and attack the full backs instead who are usually smaller and weaker.

They don't really need to be tall. Patrice Evra was small but he was tenacious in the air. All of our fullbacks are fairly big tbf.

The abuse Dummett gets is frankly sickening. He's doing his best but some people seem to want him to fail.

I agree with this.

Seems anyone not foreign and not costing millions is fair game.

I'm afraid that is utter rubbish.

The abuse Dummett gets is frankly sickening. He's doing his best but some people seem to want him to fail.

I agree with this.

No it isn't.

he gets shitloads of grief on here and never gives less than 100% and is a decent defender.

Haidara is better going forward than him but isn't as good a defender but because he's foreign he's lauded on here.

I agree with this.

No it isn't.

he gets shitloads of grief on here and never gives less than 100% and is a decent defender.

Haidara is better going forward than him but isn't as good a defender but because he's foreign he's lauded on here.

I don't necessarily think he's a better defensive fullback. It's just that Haidara takes more risks. Dummett is your "stay at home" fullback.

I agree with this.

No it isn't.

I don't think anyone gives Dummett shitloads of grief at all - people, as far as I can see, analyse his performances and judge him accordingly.  It's got absolutely nothing to do with where he is from.  If anything, being local helps Dummett.

I agree with this.

No it isn't.

Was waiting for somebody to come out with that cliché like. It's got absolutely nothing to do with where Haidara or Dummett are from. Dummett probably gets less flack because of where he is from.

Guest Pat_Heard

I agree with this.

there's a brilliant article in "The Popular side" issue 3 by Kevin Drew saying how the young fans learn from the old fans. When he started going it meant you got behind the team and were fanatical, to fit in with the ambience. Somehow over time (Ashley and ageing I suppose) our support has become cynical, embittered and negative, probably from reading "True Faith" too much and so the older support are totally intolerant of any and every player, making irrational snap decisions and hating people for no reason. Consequently the younger support look up to these ones with their beards, £400 yellow jackets, workwear jeans and daft shoes and think being utterly negative, while drinking in The Town Wall and The Forth and putting stuff on Twitter about how much you hate the club, the players and the support, is the way to be. The abuse Dummett gets for being a local lad and trying his best is frankly appalling. You wonder why those who abuse him actually bother with football as they seem to hate it so much.

Guest Pat_Heard

I agree with this.

No it isn't.

I disagree with that though. The French players, especially Gouffran, get so much abuse from those drinking in The Forth and Town Wall that I've christened Pink Lane the Corridor of Hate.

I agree with this.

there's a brilliant article in "The Popular side" issue 3 by Kevin Drew saying how the young fans learn from the old fans. When he started going it meant you got behind the team and were fanatical, to fit in with the ambience. Somehow over time (Ashley and ageing I suppose) our support has become cynical, embittered and negative, probably from reading "True Faith" too much and so the older support are totally intolerant of any and every player, making irrational snap decisions and hating people for no reason. Consequently the younger support look up to these ones with their beards, £400 yellow jackets, workwear jeans and daft shoes and think being utterly negative, while drinking in The Town Wall and The Forth and putting stuff on Twitter about how much you hate the club, the players and the support, is the way to be. The abuse Dummett gets for being a local lad and trying his best is frankly appalling. You wonder why those who abuse him actually bother with football as they seem to hate it so much.

:lol: What a load of owld shite.

Guest Pat_Heard

I agree with this.

:lol: What a load of owld s****.

We'll agree to differ.