Paul Dummett

Guest palnese

We shouldn't be too hard on Dummett, he could turn out to be a decent player for us.  At this time he's learning the game and limited,  he's probably due some time away from the starting 11.

Guest neesy111

We should just buy a proper LB instead of picking up cheap crap for £2m.

Considering the love you have for Ligue 1 among other leagues, you must have seen a lot of Haidara even before he joined us. Care to elaborate why he is cheap crap?

What? :lol:

Was a genuine question. Haidara for me has looked the better of all three LBs we have.

When? Seriously. Everyone says this, but aside from a nice stroll against 9-man Stoke, he's done absolutely nowt for me.

Well I still think Santon is the better player but he's had an abysmal season while Dummett is absolute garbage. Haidara looked good in the Stoke game and has had other decent cameos for the side tbf.

Nice Avatar Felipão. :thup:

We shouldn't be too hard on Dummett, he could turn out to be a decent player for us.  At this time he's learning the game and limited,  he's probably due some time away from the starting 11.

Decent players have ability on the ball. Williamson gets away with it because he's a centre back. It's crucial for a full back to be comfortable on the ball.

Exactly right.

Exactly right.

Same applies for Haidara though.

If anyone can legit say they think Dummett will have a successful career then fair play, but he has none of the tools required

Exactly - I can't think a single thing he does well.  He is slow and has poor technique.  He just doesn't look like a footballer.

If anyone can legit say they think Dummett will have a successful career then fair play, but he has none of the tools required

:thup: As long as I've got a hole in my arse he'll not be good enough for Premier League football. Absolutely ridiculous that he his playing in this league really and I've said it for a long time. Scored a goal against Liverpool, got a contract and hasn't put in a good performance since. I'll never forgive him for Sunderland away this year, and all this "but he's a local lad" is a load of shite.

:thup: As long as I've got a hole in my arse he'll not be good enough for Premier League football. Absolutely ridiculous that he his playing in this league really and I've said it for a long time. Scored a goal against Liverpool, got a contract and hasn't put in a good performance since. I'll never forgive him for Sunderland away this year, and all this "but he's a local lad" is a load of shite.

He might be shite but that's utter bobbins

:lol: you're a fucking moron, sorry like. You'll never forgive a young full-back making his third or fourth PL appearance for being pressed into service out of position in a derby game? Christ. Do you batter your missus if she forgets to pair your socks up?

Sunderland game is harsh. Young lad given his first start in a local derby out of position against a physical centre forward. Recipe for disaster.

So, suppose we put Haidara in. Will you all be so fast to write him off if he's not set the world alight in 7 or 8 games in this woeful side?

EDIT: I know, I already don't rate Haidara... but a lot in this thread seem to think he's the answer to everything.

So, suppose we put Haidara in. Will you all be so fast to write him off if he's not set the world alight in 7 or 8 games in this woeful side?

I won't - because he is clearly a better player with a lot more potential.  He actually has some of the attributes required of a Premiership footballer.

EDIT: I know, I already don't rate Haidara... but a lot in this thread seem to think he's the answer to everything.

It's evident we need a proper left back but for the time being Haidara needs to be ahead of Dummett. Santon has had a really poor season but it'll be interesting to see how comes back after a break - he's played a lot of football for a young full back.

I won't - because he is clearly a better player with a lot more potential.  He actually has some of the attributes required of a Premiership footballer.

This. :thup:

Feels bad saying this but right now I feel like Dummett has none of the abilities a modern fullback needs to be good in the Premier League. He'll make a nice career somewhere but it won't be in the top half of the Premier League.

Did someone mention the Liverpool 0-6 in which Haidara was personally responsible for everything wrong on the day? Think he even knocked a kid over driving the bus en route to the ground.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Seeing as you prefer Dummett to Haidara, what makes him a better player?