Paul Dummett

Guest palnese

He was appalling again, try Haidara now.

And if he doesn't hit the ground running, then what? Umm and ahh and go back to Santon? Then back to Dummett?

It would be achingly typical of Pardew to drop Dummett now. I know he hasn't played well - I know. But as I keep saying; we've committed to giving him some games and there's been flashes of ability. Dropping him as soon as he's got his arse handed to him renders the whole thing a bit pointless imo because he hasn't had that long (behind a front six that's woefully disjointed, by the by).

If, by the end of the season, he's shown no improvement - fair enough. I'd get him and Haidara out on loan and look to invest in the position.

As for Davide, I wouldn't bat an eyelid if Roma or Milan threw £5m at us.

The point is, we have nothing to play for so may as well give our youngsters a run out. Dummett is playing incredibly poorly and doesn't deserve to be in the team..so let Haidara play for a few games, see what he can do with a decent run of them.

It's not the first game he has had his arse handed to him.

We should just buy a proper LB instead of picking up cheap crap for £2m.

Considering the love you have for Ligue 1 among other leagues, you must have seen a lot of Haidara even before he joined us. Care to elaborate why he is cheap crap?

Considering the love you have for Ligue 1 among other leagues, you must have seen a lot of Haidara even before he joined us. Care to elaborate why he is cheap crap?

What? :lol:

Was a genuine question. Haidara for me has looked the better of all three LBs we have.

I'd still keep him in the side. You've got to let him learn from nights like this or I really don't see the point. Fortunately, we do have the luxury of giving the likes of him some extended spells in the side; which is one silver lining of being in the position we are. I'd have Sammy in there n'all.

Agree with this. Everyone keeps talking about Haidara like he's being really hard done by and some sort of answer.

Wasn't expecting an answer like. :thup:

Was a genuine question. Haidara for me has looked the better of all three LBs we have.

When? Seriously. Everyone says this, but aside from a nice stroll against 9-man Stoke, he's done absolutely nowt for me.

Did someone mention the Liverpool 0-6 in which Haidara was personally responsible for everything wrong on the day? Think he even knocked a kid over driving the bus en route to the ground.

I've seen about 4 Ligue 1 games in my life.

I'll try to be more clear. Why do you think Haidara is cheap crap? From the little I've seen (the same as you) he seems to have all the necessary physical attributes and is even decent on the ball. Is there something that I'm missing regarding his potential?

When? Seriously. Everyone says this, but aside from a nice stroll against 9-man Stoke, he's done absolutely nowt for me.

Well I still think Santon is the better player but he's had an abysmal season while Dummett is absolute garbage. Haidara looked good in the Stoke game and has had other decent cameos for the side tbf.

The 0-6 was the only poor game I've seen him have.

Didn't see today then? (EDIT - were you talking about Haidera? I was talking about Dummett..... :undecided:)

I really want him to do well, but on current evidence he is poor. Pulled all over the place today, and when he did get the ball, he didn't know what to do.

There was a period for a few weeks where Haidara was the Holy Grail off the bench. Pardew seemed to think his crossing was the answer to all our problems, until he realised it wasn't and he hasn't been seen since. Luckily Dummett popped his head up with crossing that is the answer to all our problems (until he realises it isn't.)

Well I still think Santon is the better player but he's had an abysmal season while Dummett is absolute garbage. Haidara looked good in the Stoke game and has had other decent cameos for the side tbf.

Name them please. His 10 minutes in the Arsenal game was laughably bad, FYI. Totally killed any attacking momentum with his dodgy touch, time and again.