Newcastle United 0-0 Norwich City - 01/02/20

Disco

Sounds like Joelinton wasn't the main issue today, but feel like there's a cyclical failure at this football club in trusting young lads to lead the line on their own in their first season, like Mitro in 15/16

Mitro was a mile better than Joelinton.

I find the McClaren season a false comparison. We tried to play good football but couldn't because of having spineless players. This lot have great character, we dont concede alot but we cant do anything with the ball.

We could have bought 3 new strikers in the window and none of them would score with this team/formation/tactics, absolutely horrific.

Most would still have scored more than Joelinton, to point out the blindingly obvious.

Sounds like Joelinton wasn't the main issue today, but feel like there's a cyclical failure at this football club in trusting young lads to lead the line on their own in their first season, like Mitro in 15/16

Mitro was a mile better than Joelinton.

I find the McClaren season a false comparison. We tried to play good football but couldn't because of having spineless players. This lot have great character, we dont concede alot but we cant do anything with the ball.

I agree that the the character of the squad is much improved, but I think there's similarities in the complete lack of flexibility in tactics from the respective managers

We do have a far better keeper now than that period too, which is worth bearing in mind regarding the lack of goals conceded.

McClaren was shite but he was coming into a much worse situation than Bruce. The squad was all over the place, questionable characters, dreadful feeling around the club after the Pardew hangover/Carver carcrash, club Captain didn't want to be there,  summer signings extremely mixed. We barely looked competent for significant periods under McClaren; we're not that bad now, but then again I've not watched a great deal over the last two or three months.

Bruce;

Doesn't think a lot of the performance but at least we didn't lose. Plus points - the new lads got on. We didn't keep well the ball well enough - again for the 2nd week in a row. Disappointing - but we move on. Up to 10th, which considering injuries......

What a load of blather.