Match tickets

Crumpy Gunt

Nah it'll be a full house, awash with blue and maroon on display to show the football community that even though we'll continue to hand over £500 a year for a season ticket, £90 for a home shirt, £100s on food and drink at the match, we're not happy with Ashley.

Wonder how many free tickets will have been given away for tonight.

Other than through competitions from official club sponsors I don't think they're allowed to give tickets away for FA Cup games due to the gate receipts being split 3 ways between both clubs and the FA.

I’ve given up on it ever changing really, the reality is he could call everyone born in Newcastle a pedo and it’ll sell out

The only thing that will motivate people is dramatic failure on the pitch. Lack of ambition's not enough, you need actual relegations and stuff.

Guest Howaythetoon

Been offered free tickets for this :lol:

Accept and bin.

My little man now wants to start going to Toon games as half his team-mates go :lol:

I’m not taking him like :thup:

Accept and bin.

My little man now wants to start going to Toon games as half his team-mates go :lol:

Half the Sunderland academy goes to toon games? :lol:

Kids and owld folks get a pass on going to games imo.  Ashley's not gonna be here forever and we need to make sure they're as miserable and cynical as us for the rest of their lives.  Old people probably don't have much else going for them and it stops them being racist for a little while each week.

Guest Howaythetoon

Accept and bin.

Half the Sunderland academy goes to toon games? :lol:

Kids and owld folks get a pass on going to games imo.  Ashley's not gonna be here forever and we need to make sure they're as miserable and cynical as us for the rest of their lives.  Old people probably don't have much else going for them and it stops them being racist for a little while each week.

Meant his Sunday team team-mates, but aye half the mackem kids do too :lol: tragic really :(

Notice that the two who come across the most knowledgeable are the two not going to the games anymore? Yet if you go on Twitter you’re not a real supporter if you don’t go anymore. A few of the matchgoers seemed oblivious.

Saw that the other day. But yeah It definitely feels like large swathes of our fanbase lack information on the most important aspects of our club. It feels like no one really talks about what goes on behind the scenes. Like Ashley selling land at strawberry place, or the 40 companies Ashley has set up on companies house in relation to selling assets owned by NUFC. Everyone can see the problems on the pitch, but what’s less known is how far the club is lagging behind its competitors on a financial level. You can look right through every aspect of the club, and say “falling behind”, or  “not up to date”.

I really think the media have and are playing a part in the destruction of our once great club. It’s their job to get this information out there. Though we as a fanbase could also be doing more to spread knowledge of what is really happening.

• 4 weeks later...