Sean Longstaff

xLiaaamx

I rate him highly I have to say, he’s a proper footballer as Souness would say and his game belies his age and inexperience. He’s never going to be outstanding or all action, but he’s going to be critical for whenever he plays for, on and off the ball, going forward and in front if the defence. If he added goals to his game...

It was my uncle’s funeral a week Monday gone and a lot of his mates are old timers, they played county football, had trials with Newcastle, could have been our number 9, but for this or that, proper old school Geordie blokes who have been going and watching the Toon dating back to the 40s and 50s right upto now and they all said in Longstaff when they watched him, they were only really fully confident the club had a real player on the books and something special like him the same way they felt with a handful of players past, namely Tony Green, Gazza, Len White and Beardsley.

It was a toss up as to who was the best they ever seen in our colours, White or Green. Green won by a tiny margin, White by all accounts was better than Milburn, Supermac and a better footballer than Shearer. Gazza and Beardsley were considered lesser players for leaving too early, Newcastle not even seeing them at half their best. But worthy enough to be up there with these old codgers.

I’m chuffed to say by the way, a lot of those old timers have either jacked it in, won’t be renewing or those that have or will would join in a boycott of the Arsenal game.

They are a weird bunch though, they thought Pardew did alright, like Bruce and think he’ll do a good job and we’ll play some nice stuff and despite acknowledging how good Rafa was, they didn’t like his football and thought if the owner and manager were not going to accept each other’s way of doing things, it’s best for the team he left for someone who would. Unless Rafa was going to buy out Ashley...

Maybe they shouldn’t be trusted regarding Longstaff after all...

Again, he’s a proper footballer that much is obvious, he’s so much better than Colback, it’s scary to think how many games the former has played at this level and indeed how the fuck someone so clearly lacking what Longstaff possesses ever made it in the first place. We all know why he’s on our books of course, because he was cheap and runs about leaving a foot in.

The embodiment of Souness, Big Sam, Pardew, Carver and Bruce all in one, so cheap if he was a present or gift, it would cost more than he’s worth to wrap. Ashley’s kind of buy. There are watches with more quality up for prize hooking a duck at the hoppings than in Colback.

Your old timer pals think Pardew was alright because he was a PFM, same way as Bruce will be, or Pulis or Warnock for that matter. They  probably witter on about how the game is too soft these days, the balls are too light, and real men don't wear gloves. It's great that they will appreciate Longstaff, truly one of the best homegrown talents we've seen since Gazza. But the same blokes probably think the sun shines out of Colback's arse as well.

I rate him highly I have to say, he’s a proper footballer as Souness would say and his game belies his age and inexperience. He’s never going to be outstanding or all action, but he’s going to be critical for whenever he plays for, on and off the ball, going forward and in front if the defence. If he added goals to his game...

It was my uncle’s funeral a week Monday gone and a lot of his mates are old timers, they played county football, had trials with Newcastle, could have been our number 9, but for this or that, proper old school Geordie blokes who have been going and watching the Toon dating back to the 40s and 50s right upto now and they all said in Longstaff when they watched him, they were only really fully confident the club had a real player on the books and something special like him the same way they felt with a handful of players past, namely Tony Green, Gazza, Len White and Beardsley.

It was a toss up as to who was the best they ever seen in our colours, White or Green. Green won by a tiny margin, White by all accounts was better than Milburn, Supermac and a better footballer than Shearer. Gazza and Beardsley were considered lesser players for leaving too early, Newcastle not even seeing them at half their best. But worthy enough to be up there with these old codgers.

I’m chuffed to say by the way, a lot of those old timers have either jacked it in, won’t be renewing or those that have or will would join in a boycott of the Arsenal game.

They are a weird bunch though, they thought Pardew did alright, like Bruce and think he’ll do a good job and we’ll play some nice stuff and despite acknowledging how good Rafa was, they didn’t like his football and thought if the owner and manager were not going to accept each other’s way of doing things, it’s best for the team he left for someone who would. Unless Rafa was going to buy out Ashley...

Maybe they shouldn’t be trusted regarding Longstaff after all...

Again, he’s a proper footballer that much is obvious, he’s so much better than Colback, it’s scary to think how many games the former has played at this level and indeed how the fuck someone so clearly lacking what Longstaff possesses ever made it in the first place. We all know why he’s on our books of course, because he was cheap and runs about leaving a foot in.

The embodiment of Souness, Big Sam, Pardew, Carver and Bruce all in one, so cheap if he was a present or gift, it would cost more than he’s worth to wrap. Ashley’s kind of buy. There are watches with more quality up for prize hooking a duck at the hoppings than in Colback.

No no, you should listen to your elders more. ;)

Tony Green is my all-time favourite, with Gazza running him close. Len White was before my time.

I've such high hopes of Longstaff. He doesn't seem to have a weakness in his all round game. Whatever the situation, however the ball comes to him, he can be trusted to do something with it. That's a priceless asset in a midfielder. I've seen good players go - Waddle, Beardsley, Gazza - but letting this lad go at this stage would be the biggest heartache.

And yet, i'd bet my house you'd be on here justifying it within 30 minutes.

Interesting how Matty Longstaff was the only one out of the youngsters (Watts, Cass, Allen, Sorensen et al) to feature at Preston. I wonder if Bruce has told him they'll play together within 6-12 months as a way to keep him engaged.

Guest covmag

Interesting how Matty Longstaff was the only one out of the youngsters (Watts, Cass, Allen, Sorensen et al) to feature at Preston. I wonder if Bruce has told him they'll play together within 6-12 months as a way to keep him engaged.

Genuinely never seen this lad, any good?

Genuinely never seen this lad, any good?

Only seen him for the 10 or so minutes that he was on against West Ham, but he looked good.

A few months ago, someone within the club told me that they have high hopes of him.

If Manure are getting Milinkovic-Savic then you’d think Longstaff will be staying. Can’t imagine anyone else paying Ashley’s price for him.

Which will probably significantly improve the Ashley FC midfield and go a long way towards keeping them up :anguish:

Guest covmag

If Manure are getting Milinkovic-Savic then you’d think Longstaff will be staying. Can’t imagine anyone else paying Ashley’s price for him.

Which will probably significantly improve the Ashley FC midfield and go a long way towards keeping them up :anguish:

I’m not so sure, Rafa had him full of confidence, SB will not have him and others at the same level.

You have to stop saying Manure man. :lol: So cringe.

His brother was rated better than Sean before last season. And he did look up to the tempo compare with other youngsters so I think he deserves a run. At worst just another Sammy.

It's as bad as poocastle imo

My pettiness knows no bounds - Manure, Citeh, Chel$ki, Wet Spam, Spuds, The Arse, Fucking Liverpool. Fuck them all :lol:

Guest chopey

This guy is very good

What Froggy ? nah he's toilet.

I think Froggy might end up seeing more of him than us this season.