Sean Longstaff

xLiaaamx

They do fuck around, mind. Maguire, Bruno, Longstaff. Struggling to get the deals done.

They took their time with Wan-Bissaka as well.

Never submitted a bid for Fernandes or Longstaff.

Seem to be doing their bidding in the press hoping it unsettles the players and gets them to put transfer requests in. in the past Man utd wanted a player they went and paid the price and got them. Ole said he was going to reshape the squad but he hasn't shipped anyone out yet. Clock is ticking for him.

Reshaping the squad doesn't mean buying a load of players.

Herrera and Valencia have left. We've brought in James and Wan-Bissaka. AWB is a great signing.

Looks like he'll be giving a lot of youth the chance this year too. Tuanzebe, Greenwood, Chong etc.

I'd say the above counts as a reshape in the space of a few months.

A poor reshape, but then again Solskjær is a crap manager and shouldn't be anywhere near your club.

Based on?

Guest covmag

Certain to stay now, Manure don’t fuck around, if they really wanted him the deal would have been done by now.

He’s staying.

Shame

You're a strange character.

Cheers, you been on glue ?  If not , have a fork off from me . O0

They do fuck around, mind. Maguire, Bruno, Longstaff. Struggling to get the deals done.

They took their time with Wan-Bissaka as well.

Never submitted a bid for Fernandes or Longstaff.

Seem to be doing their bidding in the press hoping it unsettles the players and gets them to put transfer requests in. in the past Man utd wanted a player they went and paid the price and got them. Ole said he was going to reshape the squad but he hasn't shipped anyone out yet. Clock is ticking for him.

Reshaping the squad doesn't mean buying a load of players.

Herrera and Valencia have left. We've brought in James and Wan-Bissaka. AWB is a great signing.

Looks like he'll be giving a lot of youth the chance this year too. Tuanzebe, Greenwood, Chong etc.

I'd say the above counts as a reshape in the space of a few months.

Read “James” as James Rodriguez and thought WOT?! How’d I miss that.

We're never paying £50m for Longstaff so if that's the price, you can all relax. It's not happening.

Good. Would much rather have Longstaff than £50m. He's got everything he needs to be a top premiership midfielder. In fact some would argue he already is one.

Stick yer £50m up yer Solkjaarse. :)

Genuinely switched off towards the end of last season to try and distance myself emotionally for when Rafa's leaving happened.

Can anybody fill me in a bit more on Longstaff and what he's got that's making him being touted for such money? This isn't me being obtuse I just haven't seen anywhere near enough of what I'd like to have of him.

Guest chopey

Genuinely switched off towards the end of last season to try and distance myself emotionally for when Rafa's leaving happened.

Can anybody fill me in a bit more on Longstaff and what he's got that's making him being touted for such money? This isn't me being obtuse I just haven't seen anywhere near enough of what I'd like to have of him.

His last few games before his injury he totally schooled a lot of midfielders that had played in the premiership for years, he has an eye for a pass, long or short can tackle and can score goals.

If Vieira and Scholes had a child it would be Longstaff, however I don't know how he would cope over a full season.

Guest Howaythetoon

Hearing he’s wanting clarification regarding his future. He knows Man Utd want him and his people have spoken to them (maybe there’s been a bit of tapping up?). He’s keen to stay at Newcastle, but wants to know where he stands so he can focus on fighting for a first team place here rather than worrying about moving sticks at the last minute. I’m told he’s not using any interest to ask for more money right now or demanding to move.

By all accounts he’s a level headed lad who is just hungry to play. Preferably for the Toon, I also think moving away would be a culture shock for him and not something he’d want to just happen at this stage of his career if helped. I’m sure his people who some are family members will want to get him a better deal out if this if he stays though. And rightly so.

Long term, he will have to move for his own good, short term I don’t think it would harm him to stay here and establish himself for a season or two. It may actually benefit him because I don’t think he’d start for Man Utd every game. I suppose he’d be confident in his own abilities enough to justify to himself at least leaving all he knows for the unknown. It’s Man Utd after all.

My gut feeling is Ashley is holding out for as much money as possible until the last minute like with Carroll who he was always going to sell once he knew how serious Liverpool were. When it gets to that point, money talks in the end and always wins, especially with Ashley.

If he doesn’t leave, if he carries on from where he left off, if someone doesn’t pay the asking price now, they will soon. Maybe even more. Man Utd rate him highly it seems and see him as a modern day Carrick and someone who can fill that kind of role he did so well for them.

It wouldn't surprise me either if Bruce was to play a part in any deal as a connected person at both clubs, for a small fee of course...

Either way Longstaff is money in the bank to Ashley, someone to sell for big money or keep and save having to spend some money.

I predict he’ll leave on the final day of the transfer window for just over what Carroll went for, rising to more based on appearances, England caps etc. We may even get a player in return thrown in, on loan or as part of the deal.

Sanchez for 9 months anyone? With his fellow countrymen now gone, Almiron would welcome a fellow native from Mexico for company.

Guest Howaythetoon

I rate him highly I have to say, he’s a proper footballer as Souness would say and his game belies his age and inexperience. He’s never going to be outstanding or all action, but he’s going to be critical for whenever he plays for, on and off the ball, going forward and in front if the defence. If he added goals to his game...

It was my uncle’s funeral a week Monday gone and a lot of his mates are old timers, they played county football, had trials with Newcastle, could have been our number 9, but for this or that, proper old school Geordie blokes who have been going and watching the Toon dating back to the 40s and 50s right upto now and they all said in Longstaff when they watched him, they were only really fully confident the club had a real player on the books and something special like him the same way they felt with a handful of players past, namely Tony Green, Gazza, Len White and Beardsley.

It was a toss up as to who was the best they ever seen in our colours, White or Green. Green won by a tiny margin, White by all accounts was better than Milburn, Supermac and a better footballer than Shearer. Gazza and Beardsley were considered lesser players for leaving too early, Newcastle not even seeing them at half their best. But worthy enough to be up there with these old codgers.

I’m chuffed to say by the way, a lot of those old timers have either jacked it in, won’t be renewing or those that have or will would join in a boycott of the Arsenal game.

They are a weird bunch though, they thought Pardew did alright, like Bruce and think he’ll do a good job and we’ll play some nice stuff and despite acknowledging how good Rafa was, they didn’t like his football and thought if the owner and manager were not going to accept each other’s way of doing things, it’s best for the team he left for someone who would. Unless Rafa was going to buy out Ashley...

Maybe they shouldn’t be trusted regarding Longstaff after all...

Again, he’s a proper footballer that much is obvious, he’s so much better than Colback, it’s scary to think how many games the former has played at this level and indeed how the fuck someone so clearly lacking what Longstaff possesses ever made it in the first place. We all know why he’s on our books of course, because he was cheap and runs about leaving a foot in.

The embodiment of Souness, Big Sam, Pardew, Carver and Bruce all in one, so cheap if he was a present or gift, it would cost more than he’s worth to wrap. Ashley’s kind of buy. There are watches with more quality up for prize hooking a duck at the hoppings than in Colback.

Guest Gonzo

He’s not the fastest but always seems to have space on the ball. He’s intelligent, uses his feet well and he has a great engine.

His passing range is decent. Nowhere near Shelvey but his other attributes make him far more vital in keeping the team tick over.

The fact he played about 40 games for Blackpool the season before has stood to him. He’s ready.

Once he gets into his stride this season, 50m will seem cheap.

He’s not the fastest but always seems to have space on the ball. He’s intelligent, uses his feet well and he has a great engine.

His passing range is decent. Nowhere near Shelvey but his other attributes make him far more vital in keeping the team tick over.

The fact he played about 40 games for Blackpool the season before has stood to him. He’s ready.

Once he gets into his stride this season, 50m will seem cheap.

Will tear it up for "United" this year.

I rate him highly I have to say, he’s a proper footballer as Souness would say and his game belies his age and inexperience. He’s never going to be outstanding or all action, but he’s going to be critical for whenever he plays for, on and off the ball, going forward and in front if the defence. If he added goals to his game...

It was my uncle’s funeral a week Monday gone and a lot of his mates are old timers, they played county football, had trials with Newcastle, could have been our number 9, but for this or that, proper old school Geordie blokes who have been going and watching the Toon dating back to the 40s and 50s right upto now and they all said in Longstaff when they watched him, they were only really fully confident the club had a real player on the books and something special like him the same way they felt with a handful of players past, namely Tony Green, Gazza, Len White and Beardsley.

It was a toss up as to who was the best they ever seen in our colours, White or Green. Green won by a tiny margin, White by all accounts was better than Milburn, Supermac and a better footballer than Shearer. Gazza and Beardsley were considered lesser players for leaving too early, Newcastle not even seeing them at half their best. But worthy enough to be up there with these old codgers.

I’m chuffed to say by the way, a lot of those old timers have either jacked it in, won’t be renewing or those that have or will would join in a boycott of the Arsenal game.

They are a weird bunch though, they thought Pardew did alright, like Bruce and think he’ll do a good job and we’ll play some nice stuff and despite acknowledging how good Rafa was, they didn’t like his football and thought if the owner and manager were not going to accept each other’s way of doing things, it’s best for the team he left for someone who would. Unless Rafa was going to buy out Ashley...

Maybe they shouldn’t be trusted regarding Longstaff after all...

Again, he’s a proper footballer that much is obvious, he’s so much better than Colback, it’s scary to think how many games the former has played at this level and indeed how the fuck someone so clearly lacking what Longstaff possesses ever made it in the first place. We all know why he’s on our books of course, because he was cheap and runs about leaving a foot in.

The embodiment of Souness, Big Sam, Pardew, Carver and Bruce all in one, so cheap if he was a present or gift, it would cost more than he’s worth to wrap. Ashley’s kind of buy. There are watches with more quality up for prize hooking a duck at the hoppings than in Colback.

No no, you should listen to your elders more. ;)

Tony Green is my all-time favourite, with Gazza running him close. Len White was before my time.

I've such high hopes of Longstaff. He doesn't seem to have a weakness in his all round game. Whatever the situation, however the ball comes to him, he can be trusted to do something with it. That's a priceless asset in a midfielder. I've seen good players go - Waddle, Beardsley, Gazza - but letting this lad go at this stage would be the biggest heartache.

Sanchez for 9 months anyone? With his fellow countrymen now gone, Almiron would welcome a fellow native from Mexico for company.

Not sure you've got your geography quite right here, tbh.

Wow not even one of the players is from Mexico :lol:

Not sure you've got your geography quite right here, tbh.

For future reference, it’s HTT’s favourite joke.