Sean Longstaff

xLiaaamx

Hayden and Longstaff have played well and should keep their shirts imo.

They’re also the most athletic CMs we have and have allowe us to press higher up the pitch and to be more aggressive.

Shelvey would be the last of the midfield options based on performances this season.

Hmm i dont think Rafa will be thinking that and neither am i, Shelvey would get another chance for me, he does need to step up though, he's been mediocre at best.

Longstaff and Shelvey for me.

Most of us will probably admit that the first time we saw the Hayden/Longstaff pairing named we were very concerned, but there's no doubt the pair have performed way above what anyone expected during a very difficult run. Can't be anyone with black and white blood who isn't immensely proud of what Longstaff has achieved.

They'll still be out when the others are all fit but shouldn't be too concerned, like our central defender strength in depth they'll all be needed over a season.

Just a shame we couldn't get ourselves into a decent position by January so they can all be used to cover a busy league and cup schedule.

For some reason i've been wanting him to play from very early on in the season, kept waiting for the cup games to watch him and now he's been best player, so much better than Diame who has a scary moment in him and Shelvey who is too lazy in midfield, both of them will have to work to get their place back.

Hayden has done a superb job playing alongside him as well.