General NUFC stuff

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Aye, I’m sure the 4-2 v Sheff Wed was a Monday night.  Seem to remember us battering West Ham at home on a Monday night too under Bobby Robson.

Aye it was - when we had to wear our away strip!

Waddle was quality that night iirc? Mathie's goal - it looks a wonder goal but he definitely shinned it!

Aye, I’m sure the 4-2 v Sheff Wed was a Monday night.  Seem to remember us battering West Ham at home on a Monday night too under Bobby Robson.

Aye it was - when we had to wear our away strip!

Waddle was quality that night iirc? Mathie's goal - it looks a wonder goal but he definitely shinned it!

I remember being livid it wasn't considered for Goal of the Month.

Guest reefatoon

That West Ham game, was that the one where we had an absolute ludicrous amount of shots? something like 35 - 40? Sure it was something huge. Them were the fucking days.

That West Ham game, was that the one where we had an absolute ludicrous amount of shots? something like 35 - 40? Sure it was something huge. Them were the fucking days.

That was in the 90s. Les Sealey was in nets for them.

Guest reefatoon

That West Ham game, was that the one where we had an absolute ludicrous amount of shots? something like 35 - 40? Sure it was something huge. Them were the f***ing days.

That was in the 90s. Les Sealey was in nets for them.

Aye that’s right. We won 3-0 but it could have been double figures easily. That was a Monday night game too.

-------------- Alnwick

Krafth - Hanley - Campbell - Lazaar

Murphy - Gosling - Smith - Thauvin

--------- Rivieire - L de Jong

Feel like Williamson was abonimably shit for absolutely ages, but he did also have a good couple of years or so where he was average/decent. Doumbia only played about 30 minutes; surely Luuk has to pip him there?

Trying to keep it to actual first team players (So no Alnwick) and no out of position players.

Going for 433 because I still think that's been the formation of the decade for us. (Even though only Pards used it)

Harper

Simpson/Manquillo Williamson Yanga-Mbiwa Dummett

Anita-Smith-Colback

Murphy-LDJ-Sameobi

Some outrageous suggestions for what (I would have thought) is a worst team of the decade. Thauvin was no good for us, but the worst winger of the last decade? Not having that. Hanley was perfectly serviceable and by no metric whatsoever one of the two worst defenders we've had.

Liked this one from xLiaaamx - probably my only quibble is left back and I was decisive at right back. So this:

Harper

Simpson/Manquillo Williamson Yanga-Mbiwa Dummett Lazaar

Anita-Smith-Colback

Murphy-LDJ-Sameobi