Gateshead FC

geordiedean

Guest neesy111

The international stadium is their biggest weakness.  It's awful to watch game's at, I'd rather watch either shields than go there, it's  absolutely awful.  Guessing it's similar to what queen of the south had at Hampden.

The tie up between the two clubs comes from a few years ago when the then Gateshead owner was looking to get out. You were apparently looking to to create some sort of feeder club model for players to progress through to the first team. The idea was starting them on loan at Gateshead (having progressed Gateshead to being a league 2/1 club), moving them on to Rangers, then onto a Spanish club (can't remember which one he was interested in, think it may've been one of the Spanish island ones) and finally the first team. Gateshead's involvement in the plan came to an end when the then owner sold the club to a local couple who were set to sell their business. I guess the overall plan was scrapped when it all wonky with Rangers?

If not they will have to all decide just what kind of club they will all be happy to accept which may well be an amateur social club type team playing to a few hundred on a Sunday or cease existing full stop.

How many Sunday league teams have hundreds of people watching them? There are still 8 levels of the Saturday pyramid below where Gateshead are now.

The international stadium is their biggest weakness.  It's awful to watch game's at, I'd rather watch either shields than go there, it's  absolutely awful.  Guessing it's similar to what queen of the south had at Hampden.

Queen's Park?

Guest neesy111

They can't compete in the conference with the attendances they get.  Either fans need to start going, or accept they can't compete in the conference.

They can't compete in the conference with the attendances they get.  Either fans need to start going, or accept they can't compete in the conference.

it just takes a move away to a more compact stadium and i think they'd be ok.